Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Catch Up

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, so I figure I should catch up before the new year starts.

So, just a little review.  The last Friday before school got out was December 22nd.  Ben had a dance, his first dance, at school. It was during school hours.  He went and he said the girls danced and the boys just stood around and ate.  They had lots of food.  So, Ben said they got snacks, then, they got more snacks.  And then Ben went to the bathroom and threw up.  He was so nervous he didn't know what to do with himself, so he ate and ate and ate and puked.  Way to go Ben. He's a ladies man.  :)
 
So, we went to the Christmas Eve celebration at our church. They had ice skating.  It was like these white boards that are spray painted with something so it feels very much like ice skating.  I guess you can't be picky outdoors in Arizona.  We haven't had any snow yet. It's so disappointing.

Anyway, the kids had fun trying to skate.






They had it all decked out like a Dicken's village with carolers and dancing and tons of food.


We went on the hayride and they had a super cool light display.

Noah had 4 cookies, 2 cups of cocoa, 3 bags of kettle corn and 1 aching belly.  And, he puked in the middle of the night. All over the bed.  But, he was fine when he woke up.  Strange. We figured he just ate too much junk.

Because of all the middle of the night puke cleaning, everyone slept in.  I think it was 8 before the kids came in. It was so nice.  But, Emily seemed a little ho hum. And 3 presents in, she went and puked.  Luckily, she made it to the toilet.




Rio had to get in on the action.
Then, Emily asked for orange juice which I advised wasn't great on a pukey belly, but she had it anyway. And puked again.  Then, she went to bed for 5 hours.
But, everyone else felt fine and we made a nice turkey dinner and enjoyed a quiet day.  It was lovely.

Emily and Grammie at some point made a gingerbread house too!


David took Gwynne to the airport this morning, so she's back home in Orlando. The kids still have another week off for break. We haven't had a drop of rain here for 5 months, and all I want to do is pack the car up and drive to Colorado. But, we threw together a last minute New Year's Eve party with friends, so that will be fun. But, Colorado is still tempting. If we didn't have a dog, we'd be gone.

Nevertheless, we wish everyone a wonderful and safe new year. I'll be drinking to new adventures in the new year.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoyed your update but not the puking. I did a fair bit of that myself in the wee hours of New Years Day but it was due to Aunt Linda drinking too much. Not a good thing. Some adults never seem to learn their lessons but I believe I might have this time. Hopefully.

Enjoyed the photo of Gwynne & Emily, nice to see G. out there visiting. ♥

You can have ALL of our snow, ice and cold if you want. It's -5 actual temp here this morning yet again with a wind chill of -23 so I have to confess that "ice" rink there looks really wonderful - being out in just sweaters. Ahhh..... We are having the coldest weather in years and it's been here for a good 2 weeks now and I'm far sick of it already and ready for warm spring weather, but alas that will be a long while....

Happy New Year.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Yes linda I think Gwynne had a very nice visit with her family..she always does...so nice that she visits every christmas...was so nice seeing you gwynne at Pete n suzys..we had a fun time...great pictues Gina..the skating on ice for the kids is so cool..Linda so sorry u threw up..I've done that years n years ago...I learned my lesson...lol. Have a Happy n Healthy New Year to all...love Mama