And oh my gosh, can I just say that I can't believe that I haven't seen this hidden gem. It's kind of like Fossil Creek that we went to last year. All of a sudden in the middle of pretty much nothing is this gorgeous area. It's just wow!
None of us have ever been, so we had no idea what to expect. I've seen some pictures, but they really don't do it justice. This was the view from the top and the kids were instantly ecstatic. Caves, water, rocks, they were all in.
It was steep. I think I said, "slow down", "don't run" about 100 times. Ugh, these kids. It wasn't a place you want to fall.
Then, we turned the corner and WOW! It's a waterfall. It was gorgeous.
David rarely stayed on the path and took the road less traveled most often. That must be where my boys get it from.
I mean....seriously. It's so pretty. We'd hike 20 feet and it would look different, so I stopped for a lot of photos.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The sides of the walls were amazing!
Again, those walls. Amazing!
I wanted in a pic with my family. This works!
The rocks looked gold and shiny in spots. It was neat and very slippery.
Everyone was so nice. At one point, a grandpa helped me down. A lady grabbed Noah and just helped him with a tricky spot. David was helping us the whole time. It was not easy and a little dangerous. And about half way through the cave, water starts dropping on you in big fat rain drops. Notice everyone is a little wet.For future reference for myself. Take our big backpack with lunch and lots of drinks and a blanket to sit on. Head down the Anna Mae Trail and eat lunch right were these girls are chillin'. The view is better going through that way and coming out the Gowan Trail. Emily actually said she wants to come back on her birthday and eat lunch right at this spot. It was magical.
And here's the little tree and stream that flows under it that makes that gorgeous waterfall.
Then, we had a yummy lunch of salami sandwiches, oranges and fruit.
And we went back out to explore the other half of the park.
The sound of nothing. It's amazing.
The roots on this tree are the coolest!
My husband not staying on a trail.
Then, this trail tied in to the trail we started on and we had one last cave to explore.
The leaf was larger than Noah's head.
Here's that bridge we were on earlier.
Here's the view of the tree from the top.Noah liked this grate as it had a huge drop below it. It would've been cool if they made it glass.
When we were all done, the kids were DONE. They did so great though. But, they had David go get the car while we hung out.
Then, about 10 minutes away is the town of Pine that has the best ice cream, coffee, fudge shop. It was so good and the perfect ending to a wonderful day 'xploring.
That smiles says it all!
I love my little family.













3 comments:
Gina, It looks like such a special day and your comments make it even more memorable. So happy for you to have that fun family day. Not sure if you are planning something for the 12th but if you are have an even greater day and if not well looks like you had a day in heaven two days early.You and David have done a great job with your marriage and family. So proud of both of you and of course the kids also. Lots of love from Grampie and me. ♥♥♥♥♥
Love,
G
Happy 14th Anniversary to my Beautiful daughter Gina. N my Handsome Son in Law David..A Match made in Heaven..you're such a Lovely Couple with 3 of the Sweetests Cutest Kids EVER!!!Enjoy your Day!! The hiking the
Mountain place is gorgeous. Kinda scary for a Granny like me..I cringed at some of ur comments n pictures..if I was there with u I would have sat on the picnic bench..lol I would panic watching all of you.n I would give the kids a safety lecture...very pretty place..tho.. glad u all finally got to go there..n Happy u came home safely.
:) :) Love n Hugs mama/ granny
Happy Anniversary!! ♥
You two are just a little behind Jim and I at 15 years of marriage and 17 years together. ;)
Wonderful photos and a great day there!
Love, Linda
Post a Comment