Saturday, November 25, 2017

Mingus Mountain

Anytime we have a three day weekend, I want to get us out and about to enjoy nature. There is so much to see and do around us.

Mingus Mountain is 20 minutes from us. We've been up there sledding, but we've never really checked out anymore than that. There is a campground there and hiking too. So, off we went. For some reason, I said let's take Rocko. He usually vomits in the car, so we don't take him. But, we took him this time.

I had just read a thing about the 30 best places to visit in the United States and five of them were in Arizona.  One commented on the beautiful blue skies we have.  I do have to admit, they are gorgeous.  I'm not sure why they seem more blue here, but it is some of the bluest skies. Maybe it's all our sunshine. We rarely have a cloudy day, so the sky just get's to shine in all it's glory.




We got to the top and there was this overlook with pretty views of Sedona, Cottonwood and Camp Verde.

Then, we started walking.

We quickly realized that it was straight down the mountain. We weren't prepared for that, so we came back up the mountain.

We headed off in another direction to go 'sploring. That's what we call exploring. Noah found a tree, but needed a boost.

This tree was super cool looking.

Here's another pretty outlook.

It looks like a big drop off, but it wasn't. 

Another good tree to climb.

On the way home, Rocko looked pooped.  But, he did good.

Then, he got home, drank water and puked all over our carpet.  
Better than in the car, but next time, he'll stay home.  
It was a beautiful day though, and I'm glad we got to go sploring.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Poor Rocko with the car sickness. :( What a gorgeous day though and beautiful place to hike. We've been enjoying some beautiful warm sunshine here as well but unfortunately due to being ill, I haven't gotten to enjoy any of it except from in the house. Maybe today, I'll venture out briefly for some fresh air.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great family day. Beautiful scenery, healthy activity and everyone included. I think it is great that you make time for this in your lives.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

I will never forget, when my brother Robert n I were like 7 n 9 years old, we had a family picnic at south mountain...rob n I decided to clime the mountain. Just a bit, ummm well on the way down, Robert decided to chose a rock n turn it over...ummm he did that n underneath, was a bunch of Baby rattlesnakes making a noise I guess with their rattle thingie. N I screamed, n ran down the mountain Fast n I fell n skinned my knee..n I cried...But looks like u all have a very delightful day at Mingus mtn..well here in Phoenix, Az. Well this is pure desert with Cactus n critters..n varmints. Etc..I am happy u all had a fun day.. :) love to all, Mom