I always tell my kids that growing up in the 80's was the best. We had some of the cool stuff, like Atari and projector TV's, and we used our imagination every day playing with the neighborhood kids. I'm so thankful that I didn't grow up in an age where my childhood was spent looking at a screen. Well, I did enjoy Three's Company, Love Boat and shows like that, but a few hours of TV a week is a far cry from what these kids watch.
David and I watched Stranger Things when it came out last year. They just released season 2, so we started watching it last weekend after our marathon hike. We had the volume up and the kids slowly trickled in and wanted to watch it. We were three episodes in. But, we stopped and started up with season 1, which was 8 episodes. By Sunday night, we had watched all of season 1 an season 2.
It was the first time my kids ever binged watched something. I was so proud! HA! No really, at least it was a show I love. After it ended, I could tell they would all agree, that the 80's were a magical time. True, me and the kids in the hood didn't fight a Demogorgan, but we would've if one was haunting us.
If you haven't watched it, you must!

2 comments:
I haven't watched or heard of Stranger Things but like you - the 80s was when I was growing up since I was in high school and my early 20s then (so a little before you but still - the 80s were MY time). :) ♥ I remember all those same things and I've often said that I'm so glad I grew up when I did. I'm glad we didn't have cell phones, we had a wall phone and if you phoned someone and it just rang with no answer, they weren't there. No biggie. No need to constantly be in touch. It was a magical, fun time of life.
Love, Linda
Well Gina I would have to say, our house was the GO TO House,, where so many kids like
30+ kids lived on our block..Tammy, Joey N
Gina, had lots of friends at school..anyway
Lots of kids at our house!! Swimming, eating lunch, playing games, watching tv, etc..just having good old FUN..OF COURSE your dad Pete n me being mom (I got called Mrs. C ) :) we played therapist n gave advice to the kids that needed some encouragement etc..I would make my yummy pizza n the word got around hey!! Mrs. C is making pizza...Patrick Oakes next door was 1st right there in the kitchen, wating for a slice :) n Gina u played violin, n as soon as u made Cheer Leading n pom pom.for 5 years...well u dropped the violin like a hot potato..well those were the good old Happy Days.. we were
All very busy..but we had FUN..N Loved each other as a Family very much.. :)
XOXO UR MAMA
Post a Comment