Ok, this day will be broken up in to two posts. The internet here is so slow. So, I'll get about half up today and the other half in the morning.
Newport Beach is on a little peninsula off California. The way we are situated, we can see the sunrise and sunset from our balcony. It's pretty impressive. This was the sunrise this morning.
Then, we headed to Hollywood. We got near Los Angeles every year, but we've never really done Hollywood. We changed all that today.
But, on the way, the freeway got backed up, so we got off and went through a neighborhood for a shortcut. My oh my, it was the worst neighborhood I've ever been in. My heart was beating fast and I was scared. Every house had bars all over it, even the church.
There was an accident.
This was every house. All barred up. It was scary.
First we headed to the Original Farmer's Market. David and I had seen it on Food Network and wanted to go. My oh my, if I lived in this area, I'd eat here every day.
They have a little bit of everything.
The kids got pizza and salad.
David and I went for Mexican. It was so good!
Oh, and the fudge. Suzy, this reminded me of your yummy peanut butter fudge. They sell it for $19.99/pound! Most everything else was very reasonably priced.
Dakri got a clam chowder bowl and Ryan got crab cakes.
Emily and Noah loving on each other. This is a rarer sight than a unicorn.
The boys wanted ice cream.
I got a chocolate covered banana. My favorite!
We walked into one souvenir shop and I spotted this and thought of my sister. She loved Hollywood.
The girls wanted a frappuccino, so we went to find them one. But, stopped for cute pics along the way.
Then, I went walking down to take a picture why we waited for their coffee. Big mistake. So, I get this picture and I'm walking back to them.
On the way back, Stephanie from hair kiosk stops me and asks if I ever straighten my hair. I informed her that not in California. It's too humid to even try. She says she can straighten my hair in 2 minutes. No way. I take her up on the offer. And low and behold, it's straight in 2 minutes.
Everyone else comes to find me and she straightens Alanah's hair.
Then, she took Emily's frizzy braids out and she did hers too.
It was very impressive. If you know me, you know I don't splurge for anything for myself. Ever. But, the flat iron I've been using, I'm not happy with. It makes my hair look fried on the ends. So, my birthday is in 2 days and I bought the flat iron for $100. She threw in a fancy brush for free. Probably my biggest impulse by ever, but man this things works like magic. I really prefer my hair straight, so I figure, heck, I deserve it!
More pics of the kids looking cute.
Then, we got to Hollywood and started our tour.
There were all sorts of characters walking around trying to have you take pics with them, like Freddy Kreuger.
We were off on the tour....behind the girls is the Hollywood sign.
I had time to put on my good lens.
This is Rhianna's house.
This was an overlook of the city. You can see Harry Potter's world at Universal Studios right in the middle.
Me and my kiddos.
And up here lives Gwen Stefani and Pink. I took all these pics of stars homes and I can't remember who but a handful of them are.
That blue house on the top is Justin Bieber's.
And that castle is Taylor Swifts.
Then, we went to Rodeo Drive.
And here's the Beverly Hills hotel. But, I've already been there. My Aunt Rosie got married there about 9 years ago. That's where she had her reception. Our limo got stuck on a hill on the way there and we had to walk the rest of the way there. It was classic.
After the tour, Ben got his first Oscar.
This shop was cool.
Here's Tom Petty's star.
What was so sad is all the homeless people. Our tour guide said 100,000 people are homeless in LA. It's really awful. Like something desperately needs to be done to help these people. It breaks your heart.
We wanted to go to dinner, and then do the was museum. But, we passed the museum first and Ben can never pass up an opportunity for a picture with Vin Diesel.
Or King Kong...
Or an Oscar...
Here's the Chinese Theater where a bunch important Hollywood stuff takes place. Like the Oscars or something like that.
Part two tomorrow.... I'm beat.












2 comments:
Classic Hollywood cliffhanger... leave us wanting more! So happy you're having a good time! Love to all!
Love,
Pam xo
Loving the updates!! :)
Funny about how you prefer your hair straight (it looks lovely either way) because I've been learning to embrace my naturally curly/wavy hair. Probably most don't know but Sarah and I both have natural wave in our hair and mine is super curly when just washed and I've been leaving it like that for the most part lately and loving it. While I always had curl, it definitely seems like something in my chemical (hormonal) makeup has changed to make it even more so.
Anyway - it's fun for me to follow along in your Hollywood travels. Seeing the Tom Petty star :(
Love, Linda
Post a Comment