We couldn't let another weekend go by without spending some time outdoors. We went to our favorite hiking spots. The kids love all the rocks. I think this is where we are doing family pictures in a few weeks. We did them here last year, but we were by the creek, so it'll be a different backdrop this year. So, I was scouting out possible spots for our photos. This would be a cool spot. That's the kids crossing the creek. I'm praying they don't fall in. Fall in on the way out, not the way in!
In a few more weeks, all of these leaves will be changing and it'll be magnificent. It's spectacular green too!
This little archway is cute and in the background is people taking family photos. :)
I love the rock formations there. They are so different.
You can't tell from these trees, but they will be a wall of beautiful fall colors in 2 weeks.
My boys favorite spot is the cave.
I freak out the whole time we are in there. But, it's part of the trail, so we have to climb through it.
Why does he do this stuff and then say, "Look, Mom!"
Does she not know that this is where snakes hide?
Ben getting eaten by a rock.
Another, Look Mom moment. There is a giant crevice between us and he's on the other side alone.
Then, she does handstands.
This is the cutest little tree.
Ben pondering life. And this is when he tells us, he no longer wants to move to a big city when he gets older. He now wants to live in Papa and Grandma Suzy's cabin in Idaho and write books. Look the guy on Misery. But, minus his number one fan who breaks his ankles.
These stairs would make for a good pic, but it's too far of a hike in fancy boots.
One last little break in the shade before heading down the hill.
It was a lovely day!
Today, Emily and I are volunteering in the church coffee shop for the first time. Should be fun!
2 comments:
Oh my oh my!! Very beautiful pics of the hiking trail..n Cute pics of family...ummm u all know I'm miss granny safety..ur kids r too brave, I cringe..too scary for this granny to look at..I enjoyed the lovely pics..n I know u all had a fun time..my love to all. mom.. :) see u soon..
Looks like a wonderful way to spend the day and a reminder to me that Jim and I need to do the same soon this weekend. Not a colorful autumn here this year - everything is just far too dry with very little rain and an extremely hot summer, so the leaves are just sort of drying and falling off. I've been so caught up in moments here that I've been missing out on autumn, so we need to do something about that because Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching (ughhh.....). Struggling this year and would love to just skip the entire season but probably I'll feel better after a hike.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment