Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Perfect Beach Day

We woke up to California fog.  
But, this is common on the coast, and we know it burns off by about 11:00. 

Ben doesn't care at all.  He wakes up and goes out to the beach to run around.  See all those fresh footprints?  Those are Ben's.  He runs and runs and runs.  


We had a yummy waffle and bacon breakfast and headed to the beach.  David and Ben got right in.


See, it's a gorgeous day at the beach.  But, can there ever be a bad day at the beach?  I don't think so.


Em and Alanah riding the waves in.



There were some super big waves this morning.


Then, Noah asked how to work the camera.  I showed him and I think he took about 200 photos.  Here's some of his...

A plane. 

David in the waves.


Dakri's forehead. 


Ben running.


Josh reading.


Me.


Dakri watching the water.


I think this is David, but I'm not positive. It could be the strangers that were next to us.


This one is David.


This is Ryan.


I'm headed out to the water.


A little too close...


Ok, I'm sure I'm telling him to put the camera away.


But, he got the ground.


And Dak and me playing.


And his footprint.


The girls running.


More play time.  The people below us have 10 people in their house. So between the 2 homes, we have 19 people.  It's amazing that we never run out of hot water.


Look at those big waves!


You can catch every wave when they are so powerful.  Just jump on and go for a ride.


Ok, Noah gave up the camera and decided he wanted to go ride the boogie board.  He's never done that before.  But, he caught his first wave!


Then, he was hooked and did it another dozen times.  I was so proud of him for not being scared.


Then, we saw this in the water and wasn't sure what it was. A fin? An otter?  
After tracking it for a few minutes, it was a plastic bag.


Then, this sweet little pigeon came over for some goldfish crackers.  He was so sweet.


We put Ben on seagull duty to chase them away while we fed the pigeon. 
Those seagulls are big bullies!


We had another pretty sunset from our balcony.


Then, the neighbors below us gave Ben one of these balloons with a light in it.  He'd chase it all over the beach. It was great as we had no trouble spotting him. He's the white one.


We walked down to the pier tonight for some treats.




Then, took a walk out on the pier.  


It was a lovely day.

Tomorrow is my 44th birthday.
We are spending the day on the beach.
I'll spend the day with people I love and in a place I love.
Sounds pretty perfect already.


3 comments:

Linda said...

♥♥ Happy perfect Birthday to you!!! ♥♥

And Noah - fantastic photos!!! Very artistic and I love his viewpoint. I think you have a great photographer there.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Ben must be so hungry most of the day...running thru the sand most of the morning..he should be an Olympic track star!! :) Noah I'm so impressed with the pictures you took very good.. :) looks like another fun n exciting day at the beach..being at the beach makes a person hungry..so enjoy dinner.. Emily n Alanah look like 2 beach bunnies..so cute..my love, granny Sharon.

Anonymous said...

Ben must be so hungry most of the day...running thru the sand most of the morning..he should be an Olympic track star!! :) Noah I'm so impressed with the pictures you took very good.. :) looks like another fun n exciting day at the beach..being at the beach makes a person hungry..so enjoy dinner.. Emily n Alanah look like 2 beach bunnies..so cute..my love, granny Sharon. Happy 44th Birthday baby girl..I love u with all my heart!! Xoxo god bless u..mama