The kids have 16 days off of Christmas. They got right to work playing.
By playing, I mean destroying the house.
Seriously, it looks like a tornado came through.
We decided to get them out of the house and we went to Sedona to see the Christmas lights. We drove up and over the mountain that is right by our house. It's been years since we've ben up there and the kids thought it was awesome to look down on the top of trees. Only 15 minutes away up the mountain and there was snow.
We should go sledding up there sometime, but it's scary if the roads aren't plowed well.
In any case, we got to Sedona as the sun was going down.
Sedona really is beautiful. We went out for dinner and the kids got to see Snoopy Rock. The rocks all kind of look like something, so they get nicknames. Snoopy Rock is dead center in the photo. Like he's laying on his back, head to the left. There is even a little Woodstock on his nose. See it?
Ben could not make it out, so I had to zoom the photo in on the camera and he finally got it.
We had a great dinner. My kids shared a chicken ceasar salad. It was their first time at Wildflower Bread Company, which is one of my favorite places.
We got all bundled up and went to see the lights.
It's a resort/timeshare and residents decorate their yards in different themes. I think there was 25 or so displays. It's really neat.
There was a Jungle Book theme.
An Angry Birds theme which was Ben's favorite.
Madagascar
Disney
Penguins
And The Grinch. Ben was impersonating him.
Noah wanted a turn.
Then we made the 75 minute drive home. Well, after we stopped to go to the bathroom at Circle K and bought a Big Hunk. It was a great ending to a great evening.
2 comments:
Okay seriously - I want to go to Sedona. To me, when I think of the west, this is how I envision it. GORGEOUS!!!
So glad you got to go and take in the festive lights. Loved your photos.
Love, Linda
What a cool neighborhood :) When I lived in Austin TX, there was a neighborhood famous for their displays--it was always packed with people walking and driving through checking out the displays. I hope they are still doing it if we ever manage a Christmastime visit so I can take the kids :)
Post a Comment