It started with Emily and I going to the Nutcracker ballet on Sunday.
My girl looked so pretty.
We went with our friends. Here's Alanah and Emily.
The Moms and girls.
We had a nice time. I'm vowing to take the kids to see more plays and such.
Noah painted his face with my blush.
I told him he looked like Strawberry Shortcake. He said he was The Hulk. Um, wrong color little man.
Our main computer broke on Sunday. I was preparing to have to buy a new one, but our friend came over and fixed it all up. Yea! We are buying him a burger and beer to celebrate.
Then, I discovered a leak of some sort in our master bedroom closet.
At first glance, I just thought the dog (or Noah) peed on the floor. It was all wet. Once we realized it wasn't urine, I was picturing a nice $5,000 plumbing bill right before Chrismtas and I was upset to say the least. I called David who came home from work to help. Then, I called our insurance and our lawyers as we are suing the home builder (along with 90 of our neighbors) for doing a crappy job on some things. Then, I called a plumber who didn't call me back for 7 hours. Gee, thanks.
David was talking to our same friend who fixed our computer about how to turn off the water to our house. Our friend suggested to check behind the washer and sure enough. It was leaking. We are buying him 2 beers and he can have cheese on that burger!
In any case, David fixed the leak and snaked the drain.
I'm so proud of my hubby for doing such a great job and taking care of everything. He then sucked up 2 1/2 containers of water from our closet floor. We pulled back the carpet and my Mom and I sucked up another 1/2 container of water from the pad. Thank goodness we did that because it would've never dried. So, now my closet looks like this until everything dries out and we can put it all back down.
I was so happy that things weren't as bad as we thought. Thank God my husband came home or I would've called a plumber until someone came out and we would've had a nice bill to go along with it.
The moral of the story is always have your husband come home from work.
We are supposed to get some snow tonight or tomorrow which would be great. The kids are on a countdown to winter break. 5 days left.
I'm just looking forward to a week where nothing breaks!
1 comment:
Oh Gina, Sometimes life just sucks... Ordinarily we would be upset that our closet floor was all ripped up and drying out, but you turned that into a good thing... love how you can do that . Hopefully the next 7 days will go a little smoother. I think you are lucky to have such a "smart friend" . Bailing you guys out twice in one week sounds like maybe he deserves a little more than extra cheese on that hamburger. Lol! Love,
G.
Post a Comment