Last week, David made a casual comment about how this will be the first year that I haven't been a victim of identity theft since 2004. It's always the same person. You can read about it here.
I've done everything possible to cut this woman off. I have a 7 year fraud alert on my credit bureau, so I can't get credit unless my home or cell number are called. I don't have a checking or savings account. I don't have an ATM card. I have to use my husband's. It's a major inconvenience, but worth it if it stops this woman.
I got home today and there is a message from a collection agency. Dang it. We were 1 day short of making it a full year.
It was for an electric company in Texas. I got excited thinking if she was still there, I could call the Sergeant I was working with previously in San Antonio. Nope, they turned off the electricity in August. Dang it. Another dead end. The bill was only for $194 and let the electric company eat it for giving her credit when they didn't check her/my credit bureau. It's just so frustrating.
So for 2010, seeing that she can't seem to be caught, I'm hoping this b*#!h loses her wallet with my ID in it! That or she gets hit by a truck.
2 comments:
I vote for 'hit by a truck'
oh that really stinks. so infuriating.
Post a Comment