Friday, December 11, 2009

The Meaning Of Christmas

I asked the kids why we celebrate Christmas.
They both just stared at me.
I knew Emily was thinking, "Duh Mom, presents!"

So, I asked, "Who was born on Christmas day?"

Emily replied, "You!"

Me: "Um, no. Someone really, really important."

Emily very enthusiastically said, "DADDY!"

I should've been offended that she ranks him as really, really important, above me. But, I was laughing too hard to get my feelings hurt.


This morning Ben came up to me and said, "Christmas isn't about you or me."

I was very impressed. "That's right Bubby. What is Christmas about?"
I thought he was going to get all poetic on me and say something about the birth of Jesus Christ or being helpful to people in need. Nope.

Ben's reply, "It's about Charlie Brown!"

I think we need to go to church.

2 comments:

Linda said...

How cute! :D

pam said...

Classic! He's too darn cute! Please tell him thank you for making me laugh/smile before I go to bed.