Monday, December 21, 2009

On The First Day Of Winter Break...

...My mommy gave to me...A trip to our little zoo.

Being off for 2 weeks means me slowly losing my mind. Luckily, my friend invited us on an outing to the zoo today.

Emily and Alanah are best friend. Josh watches out for Ben and protects him from evil forces, like the free roaming peacocks.



The ostrich behind Ben is clearly camera shy.


Okay, why don't my kids look at the camera? Her kids are trained better.




The snake house. I let Dakri take the kids through and I wait outside. Snakes and enclosed spaces are not my thing.


There is a nice playground at the zoo and it's always the kids favorite part. Seriously, I could do that for free at a park. They are playing on the spider web.


We have monkey bars in our backyard. Emily loves to try to do them, but she has never had the upper body strength. David helps her. She has them at school too and she's mentioned several times that she can't do them. Today at the zoo, a little girl their size went across the monkey bars. Not to be bested, Emily tried it and did it. She came running to get me so I could watch. She didn't make it all the way across again, probably because she was getting tired and her hands were sore. But, she did do really good. She's getting the hang of it! She was so proud of herself. She told me when we got home, "Mommy, I'm really happy because I did the bars."


The man in the background was the grandpa to the little girl who was able to do the monkey bars. So cute that everyone was cheering her on.

Now, what to do with the second day of winter break...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that is great. I'm sure Emily was proud of herself. That is quite a feat. No let's see what the second day of vacation will bring.☺
Love,
G

Linda said...

I remember when Sarah was so proud of herself being able to go across the monkey bars. Unfortunately, I don't have video of it, but I remember it well. :)

It's so funny, because I really enjoy the two weeks off. Right now, two of our three daughters are here together, and there will be lots of friends over as well I'm sure. This is one of my favorite breaks of the year. :)