Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cute or Too Old?

It's probably a loaded question and one I don't really want the answer to, but I'll ask anyway. I reserve the right to get mad when you give your honest opinion if it really isn't what I want to hear. Note to all men (the two of you that read this blog), that's what women think all time. Always answer carefully.

I'm watching Glee last night. One of the best shows on TV right now. And there's Quinn Fabray with a braid in her hair. It looks cute.

This great high quality photo was taken by pausing my TV and taking a picture of it. See my Christmas tree lights in the bottom right corner?

I used to be in high school. I was a cheerleader too just like Quinn. Yes, it was almost 20 years ago (gasp in horror), but I could totally rock this look.

I've seen the same hair style on many celebrities when I browse people.com. They always look cute and they are always 22.

So, I decided to try it myself. As I was twisting my hair into a french braid, I got the strange feeling that I should be doing this on my 5 year olds hair and not mine. Is there some age that we outgrow braids? Like bows in our hair or pig tails. Am I just too old to go for cute when it comes to my hair?



As I was getting ready to head out to Costo, I turned on Regis and Kelly. And there Kelly Ripa is looking beautiful, too skinny and wait, what is that? She has a braid in her hair. Low and behold, she's coping Quinn Fabray too and she's 3 years older than I am. You can see her hair here.

Heck, if it's good enough for Kelly Ripa, it's good enough for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!You are never too old for anything ..I think it will look great on you..Auntie Barb

Linda said...

I think it's totally cute and agree with Barb - to me, regardless of the age, one is never too old to do what makes them happy. ♥

(Did you include your Uncle Jim in the two men who read your blog? - because he does read it.)

Holly and Bo said...

I love it! Before I got my hair cut I tried the side ponytail again..remember that? It wasn't sticking out the side of my head, it was a low one but it was definitely a side ponytail. I also put the big flowers in my hair if you saw my Thanksgiving day post.
BTW, Bo reads your blog too. ;)

Sarah said...

very cute! i like it a lot.

Amy said...

I had a teacher in college that had solid gray hair. she always wore it in a tight bun (which matched her stern personality). One day she wore it in a braid, and I remember how much younger and friendlier it made her look. I say if you have long hair - braid it!