Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cousins

Emily and Ben have 4 cousins. Three are from my brother and sister and they are all teenagers or close enough to have the attitude of one.

Today, David's sister (Alisa) and her husband (Daniel) came with their 3 month old baby girl. It's the first cousin that is close in age to Emily and Ben.


Emily has been so excited about this visit and talked about it for weeks. She adores her Aunt Alisa, but I think she was equally excited to have a baby in the house. For her, it's a living breathing doll.


Luckily, Alisa and Daniel hit the baby jackpot and Rachel is beyond good. She fussed for about 2 seconds today after traveling for 12 hours. She is an absolute sweetheart. My babies would've fussed for 12 hours and been content for 2 seconds.

I'm thinking in 6 months, Emily will be a great big sister (she already is) and really help me out with the new baby.


As for Ben, I thought he would be super jealous, especially when I held Rachel. He didn't seem to care one way or another.

Now we just need to hit the baby lotto!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina, Thanks for posting your blog so early in the visit. I really get to see the 3 of the absolute loves of my life together under one roof. How special! I had tears in my eyes when I saw those pics. Thank you so much.
Love,
Grammie

Linda said...

How positively sweet!!! Love the photos.

But remember... all of the 2nd & 3rd cousins. There are a ton more. :-)

Holly and Bo said...

You can truly tell on Emily's face how excited she is to be holding her cousin (and I don't even know Emily!). What a great picture!

Lindsay said...

So precious! Emily is just glowing as she holds Rachel! Her joy is infectious!
I hope you guys have a very special time together!!!!
This is great practice for the little one in your tummy!