Oh vay, this school year has been nothing but weird. The kids finally got to go back to in-person school a few weeks ago, but only for a few days a week. Well, Noah gets all 5 days in school, like normal. Emily and Ben only go 2 days. Since their high school has 1500 kids, they are splitting up the days A-L and M-Z, so only half the kids are there at any time.
So, here are pics from their second first day of school. Of course masks are required. This world is so weird.
I actually wasn't there for this day. I had to work. David took the pics. It was Emily's second first day of school that I ever missed. The first was in Kindergarten when I was having Noah and we were dying. But, she doesn't need her mommy to fix her hair anymore. Well actually, she asks me to do it for her all the time. But, you know what I mean. She drove Ben to school for the first time! So, that was fun. She's a really good driver. We've seen her driving a few times when she didn't know we were a few cars behind her or whatever and she does great. We're very proud of her.
But, I feel like their education is tanking this year. So, the go to school Monday and Thursday. Tuesday and Friday, they have to check in online to all their classes for attendance. Then, they do work the teacher assigns them. On Wednesday, everyone does online school with the teachers teaching. It's all very confusing and Emily and google are getting awesome grades this year.
It is what it is though. No point in complaining, but, I can't wait for this stuff to all be over.
2 comments:
Hi!
I feel for you - I can't imagine how confusing this must be with school-aged children; I hear it from my sister Barb as well with her three and my sister Angie with hers who is now a senior. It's all very troubling and at the same time nuts. Jim and I have our very definite views of how this should be handled and how it's not getting handled... young people seem to do fine and in fact, so do most older people. Everything is very misleading out there. But like you wrote - what can one do but follow the rules I suppose. I know your three will do wonderfully as always. Hang in there.
Much love and admiration,
Linda
Hi..Awww..Grannys 3 Awesome GRANDKIDS π€
Beautiful Emily,π©π
Handsome Benjamin, π¦π
Cutie Noah,ππ
Our 3 Kiddos, are Very Smart πΉ
Respectful, Sweet, Caring,
Kind n Most of All Loving
Kids with Big Hearts❤❤❤
With Amazing Parents..π
David n Gina π (Good Job)ππ
I Love You All..Grannyπ π
Post a Comment