It was so green in spots. You wouldn't think it was Arizona.
We made it to the dam/waterfall. It was really pretty.
The cactus were blooming.
Ryan found some rocks that made a nice lounger.
It was so cool and green back there.
Then, we found a spot where you could get to the other side of the falls. Some jumped, some took the log. I just stayed put.
We started hiking back and David and I were in front with the kids. We hiked for about 15 minutes and stopped to rest. It was getting warm.
Then, David found this cave and super cool air was coming out of it. I don't know how all that works, but it felt like air conditioning blowing on us. It was amazing. Then, someone in our group caught up to us and told us we were going the wrong way. Ooops!
We met back up with the group and hiked out. It was only like 80, but it felt scorching out. No shade here. This is a view of the dam.
We got back to town and got some lunch at this place called Colt BBQ.
It's a new restaurant and was very yummy.
Of course, we had to take it to go, so we had a picnic.
It was an awesome day!



























2 comments:
I'm very surprised to see that your restaurants are opened?! What?? It makes absolutely no sense that campground bathrooms would be closed but restaurants are opened. That's the oddity of this thing isn't it? :) Our restaurants have been closed for dining in since March. Because we don't do carry out or delivery, it's just me cooking all the damn time and I'm sick of it, ha ha. Seriously.
Anyways enough of that - I LOVE the hike you took! It looks so beautiful and amazing. I was all set to do hiking because all of our local hiking places are opened, but then I pulled my leg muscle and knee while running and had to recover from that and that took a week and while I've returned to my daily exercise routine this week, I'm still being careful since it's still a little stiff. Maybe we'll start hiking next week.
Love, Linda
Hi,well I did now Realize that Prescott
Was so Green, n unbelievable Rock Formations
Are Amazing!! A Great Site seeing Adventure :)
Ryan found a perfect Resting spot..when he
Saw The Rock Lounger:) .Glad you all had such
A Fun Hike!! Emily n her 2 Friends look
Adorable..My Love Mommy
Post a Comment