Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Guard Championships

Emily's guard team had a little show last week at Prescott high school. They are going to have a Spring Recital in a few weeks, so we will all go to that, but I got to go see her perform their show. I'll have to get video of it at some point.

But, here are a few pictures of their warm up and performance. I love the beams on the ceiling at this high school.








I know Emily has gotten so close with all these kids.

They had their final championships last weekend and they placed second in their division. They had a big team dinner after and they've had a great season.

But, they aren't quite done. They still have practices twice a week. Honestly, I think Em was exhausted last week. School is 35 hours a week, and she had guard practice and performances for 35 hours a week, with one of the days being 19 hours! It's like she had a 70 hour week! I'm glad they've tapered off to practice twice a week, and she can recoup a bit and do a final push on her school work.

It's been a great year for her, and I'm so proud of her and all she accomplished in guard.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That's awesome!! Also so exhausting; I can't imagine. I don't do well beyond my few days of work right now -- too much on my mind for being at home all the time. 13 more work days.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, I can Totally Spot my Grand-
Daughter..in the pics..I See her Braids
N ur Pretty little Face..:) I noticed
That you point your Toes very good..
Second place in ur division..Excellent. .Bravo--Your whole Family is sooo
Proud of you Emily..Great Job..
My Love n Hugs, Granny