Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ben's 13!

This awesome guy turned 13! It was probably a lousy way to spend his birthday with his eyes half way shut still from surgery. Originally, the surgery was scheduled for the week before, but he didn't want to miss his school's Valentine's dance. So, it is what it is.

He was home from school, so I guess that's always good. Unfortunately, Emily was at a winter guard festival in Phoenix, so she didn't celebrate with us.

But, we went to Culvers for dinner. Ben loves their burgers.

Then, he opened cards and presents.
The pets wanted in on the action.

Kind of as a joke, I got him this game called Pimple Pete. We love watching Doctor Pimple Popper on TV. So, you put water in Pete's nose and pull out the pimples and if you move him too much, the water shoots in your face. It's gross and fun all at the same time.

Ben got squirted.
I made him a yellow bundt cake with chocolate frosting.
It was a pretty uneventful 13th birthday. But, we have plans to go to Vegas when it warms up. That's the new tradition. You get 2 nights in Vegas for your 13th birthday. Sounds good to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy 13th Birthday to Ben,
Again...I know u must have had Fun..
At the Valentines Dance..Did you
Ask a Girl to Dance?? Just Curious
Ben..lol Ur Granny is Nosey, Sometimes.
Dr. Pete Pimples, oh my.I see Noah
Turned Pete to the side, so he would
Not get water on his face..Clever
Noah..Emily went to Las Vegas, not it
Is ur turn Ben..it's Fun there..

Anonymous said...

Ok..froze up on me..NOW IT'S UR TURN
BEN..WHOOHOO..VEGAS HERE U GOOO..HAVE FUN N BE SAFE..ALL MY LOVE N BIRTHDAY HUGS..UR GRANNY :)

Linda said...

Happy 13th Birthday to Ben!! :)