Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Night Lights

Oh, how I love me some Friday night football games. I spent years down on the field cheering on our football team in high school, and I loved every minute of it. I was so excited to go to a game and watch Emily. I found out that David has never been to a High School football game. What? How is that even possible? He didn't go during his high school days, so I guess why would he go after? So, it was a first for him.

I must say our field is gorgeous with the setting sun and Glassford Hill behind the field. We played a team from Phoenix. We had already played two away games and we were undefeated, so we had high hopes for this game.

The flag line girls came out and I was like a crazy Mom trying to get a good picture of Emily. My fancy camera was doing weird lighting. I swear one day I will learn how to work the settings on that thing. So, I went to my phone.  Most the time I got a great shot of the back of Emily's head. 

There's she is, but she's looking down. 

I got a quick smile. 
Then, they got the flags and headed out for the opening ceremonies.
She's the second from the left.
Now was half time. I asked her where she would be and she said all over. That didn't help.
Here she is in the back row on the left. 
Yea! She's in the front. They have a spider theme for their band this year.
Looking good. The crazy thing was they were supposed to be doing umbrellas and about an hour before the routine, the whole thing got changed. So, this was performed with about an hour or two to get it together. Pretty impressive.

 And here's the video of her performance. We found her a little after the one minute mark.

Here she is after.

  Then, she was able to come up and see her friends, and got big hugs all around.
 
After the performance, the boys and David left. They were getting antsy. So, me and my Mom friends were left. We took two cars on purpose knowing the boys probably wouldn't hang the whole time. 

And we won!  54 to 14!  Tonight is the next home game, and they add more to the routine. They have three movements and add one each game. So, it'll be neat to see the next part.

And Ben has his first school dance tonight. Because he's in Student Council he has to go, which is great. He also has to work for 30 minutes of the 2 hours, so he signed up to be a DJ. That's so awesome. I hope he has fun.

So, Emily stays at school all day until 10:30 when the game is done. Ben stays after school and helps set up for the dance. Then, he'll come over to the football game after since the dance is 5-7.

And Noah will be my only kid coming home from school today and having dinner with us. Gosh, that seems so weird. I guess this is how life slowly prepares you for your kids to leave. They are around less and less and the poof, they move out. Well, at least we have four years to get used to the idea because as of now, I don't like it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowser..u won ur Football game 54 to 14..
Exciting game..with great players..Emily,
You did an Awesome performance on the field
With the Flag team..I was not there, but
I just know..you looked so pretty with
Ur make up on..u sure got a bundle of
It for ur B-Day

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina, Mom here again..the comment section
Froze up on me..Nice that ur friends
N Emilys friends came to Game..n u took lots
Of really nice Memory pictures..I remember
When u were on Pom n Cheer..u would get up early like 4 AM...go to Cheer practice..
N then after Schoil, sometimes more cheer
Practice..come home after 6 PM..
WE WE (UR Family) had already had Dinner
(Yes I did make dinner..lol) u were Hungry
So off you went..took ur dinner n ate in
Ur bedroom..ur dad , Tammy , Joey N I
Would go watch ur Games..Football, n Basketball..so much Fun..n all you Cheerleaders..Danced Amazing Cool
Dances n Cheers Tumbles etc..we Loved it!!
N all that practice sure payed off..you
All looked so CUTE, Bouncing up n down..
Emily I'm so Proud of you n ur Mom
Good job Girls..my Love N Hugs XOXO MAMA

Anonymous said...

Granny here again..lol. oh my
Goodness..Ben I hope you had a
Blast at ur jr. High Dance..they are
Fun.. n you were a Disc Jockey
For 30 min..that might have been
Just as much FUN as the Dance..when
You DJ again u will be a Pro..
Ur a very fast learner..I think u
Will really like playing, the part
As a DJ..:) :) I LOVE YOU, UR GRANNY