Then, Aunt Paula made pancakes and the kids helped. Well, not Ben, he could care less about that sort of thing.
Look who was up in the garden eating raspberries! These are the neighbors bushes, but the come into their yard and the neighbor doesn't mind them eating whatever they want. They have more than they can eat. Well, there is enough for humans, the deer need to find their own food source.
We had to toss a rock at it because he will eat the entire raspberry bushes if allowed. Noah was more than happy to chuck a rock. His aim was way off, but Aunt Paula got him on the rump and he ran off. Only to come back a few hours later.
It was supposed to rain all day, but by noonish, it cleared. We went to feed the ducks.
The kids thought that it was fun. Until a few geese squawked at us. Then, Em and Ben went and hid behind me.
We gathered quite a crowd.
The kids bench jumped down the pier.
Then, we got gelato! YUM!
This is what it looks like, but they have 3 cases full of different flavors.
We found a playground.
And there was a giant xylophone to play.
Aunt Paula and Uncle Terry made us a delicious Thanksgiving dinner feast! So, while they were finishing up with all of that, we took off for the beach. Emily was looking for beach glass and cousin Amy is a pro finding it. We collected quite a bit tonight, so we'll have to make something out of it when we get home. I'm pinning ideas already.
Ben did what he does best...run.
David went for a little walk.
Then, the girls played in the water.
My boys...
Ben found this stick...
Noah found this one... (it's a little on the large side)
Then, Noah wanted to take a few pictures. Most were blurry or of rocks or someones foot, but I liked this one of David looking for beach glass.
Then, we had a feast! I think we are headed to a different beach tomorrow, but we'll see. I love taking such long vacations. By this point, we are really in relax mode.
4 comments:
Yes, long vacations are the best for full-relaxation mode! The longest we ever take at one time is only one week though because we split our time up throughout the year. Quite honestly, during the summer months, it seems like I never have a full week of worth, because I'm always taking off for something fun. : )
Glad you made it there fine and looks to be another wonderful week.
Love, Linda
lol, should have been "full week of WORK", since I always feel quite worthy... ;)
I hope you post pics of whatever you decide to do with the sea glass :) I'd like to see the final project(s)!
Loved seeing all your activities and REMEMBER I REALLY WAS THERE WHEN THE DEER APPEARED. (at least i felt like I was there as I got to experience it on skype)I love the pic where Noah has his arms around his Big brother and sister!!!It's too bad you're having rainy weather but I am sure the people out that way are glad to get some rain for all those fires. However it still looks like you are getting out and about. I'm sure the turkey dinner was a feast. So nice of them to have that celebration with you all. Hope your last couple days are filled with living, laughter and lots of love.♥
Love,
G
Post a Comment