The drive today was GORGEOUS, as all the drives we've done here.
I had a stop at some waterfall planned, but we were making good time and the kids were quiet, so we pushed on. We made it to the ferry at 11:40 and luckily, there was still room for us! Yea! We made some sandwiches in the car, drove on the boat and headed to the top to soak up the view. I'm always so happy to get to this spot.
I will live by the ocean one day. Mark my words. I told Emily, I could live on this little island, so she took a picture of it.
Noah got angry because Ben was taking pictures and thought he was Spiderman and Noah wants to be Spiderman. He wasn't happy.
Emily took this of us.
I made Noah throw his frowny face in the ocean and replace it with his smile.
The kids think it's fun to take pictures with my camera, so here's another attempt.
We surprised Uncle Terry and Aunt Paula by being early. Emily and Noah helped Aunt Paula make banana bread.
Noah actually ate broccoli!
We headed to the beach by their house. Noah thought this shell was really cool.
I told him to turn it over as it was a crab. And when he did and saw it, he freaked out!
The kids enjoyed the water and the beach.
Cartwheels on the beach...
Uncle Terry and David.
Ben found a crab skeleton.
Noah liked it too.
Uncle Terry and Noah did surgery on him.
Then, we went crab hunting.
Noah liked the crab. Until he touched it and it moved. Then, he freaked out.
Writing in the sand....
The flowers here are just gorgeous. Look at these hydrangeas I think.
Actually, I think I took a similar picture last year. There is ivy growing on the tree trunks, it's just beautiful. Well, I could do without the bear scat in the road next door. Yikes! We ate blackberries off the bushes growing wild on the walk to the beach. I love it!
Tomorrow, is supposed to be rainy which is fine. We need a nice down day, but I imagine we'll find plenty to do!
4 comments:
I've just been laying here waiting to see if I could make it to the synopsis of day 10 when lo and behold there it was. Everyone looks great and so happy you arrived safe and sound. All the kids look like they grew so much in the past year, in fact in the past 10 days. Wishing I were there with youall. Have fun for me too. :)
Love.
G
Looks great! I found it neat that Emily and Paula were making Banana Bread and that's exactly what my Dad brought over for us this evening - he brought it over using his walker, he uses that more and more now. I think he's amazing for 88 to still do all of his extensive yard work AND find time for baking :)
Say hello to everyone. I think the kids are doing great with the photos - loved the one of you and David.
Off to bed now here... Midnight and Jim is waiting up for Sarah who works in Champaign until 1:00 a.m. with a 25 minute drive home....
Love, Linda
Saw the additional picture. Yep it was a good one for sure. Sorry I wasn't able to get my camera to work but did enjoy the exchange with Emily and seeing the deer. I could hear all the back ground chatter as well , so that was fun... made me feel like I was there. :)
Love,
G.
My oldest wouldn't have let you skip that waterfall :p He LOVES them--it is not unusual to hear his voice from the backseat, "STOP! I saw a waterfall! We have to go back and look at it!" He's like a waterfall collector LOL
What a great vacation y'all are having :)
Post a Comment