Almost all of our friends have RV's, but we are fine in our tent. It takes us an hour to get everything set up and an hour to get everything taken down. Our tent cost $150 and should last several seasons. That's about as much as we want to spend on these trips. Plus, we love the time at the end of the night when it's all 5 of us in the tent together snuggling under sleeping bags and blankets. We talk about our days, our favorite things and end with a prayer for God to watch over us and for bears to stay away. Hey, every little bit helps!
We got to Payson and got the tent all set up.
Then, it was time to relax.
Gwynne, this is the chair your birthday money bought. David is too long for all of these type of chairs, but he likes them. We put a pool noodle where his ankles hit the bar.
Our friends brought their dogs and Noah really likes them. Although, this pen is a nice idea if Noah misbehaves too!
Noah was really good with the dogs and "helped" take them on a walk.
We took a little day trip to a local fish hatchery. This is where they grow all the fish that they use to stock local lakes.
This was some kind of trout. I was totally grossed out. I hate fish. Well, unless I'm scuba diving and they are pretty.
Each bin held different size trout. This one had smaller ones in it and the guy said there was 24,000 trout in there.
Here are some of the girls.
We found a watering hole along the creek and the kids went fishing. Guess what we found? More crawdads! We can't escape these things. Mark is holding one up for the kids to see.
It was a little chilly, but it was hot out so the kids didn't mind.
They made their way up the creek.
Here are all the kiddos.
More swimming.
Then, it was time for an afternoon nap. Don't they look cute?
Noah sleeps so well on his Dad like that. Literally, he'll be out in seconds.
The kids had a secret spy group going on.
The next day we tried to find a different watering hole. But, we haven't had any real rain here in 6 months. We drove around and around and found dry creek after dry creek. We ended up at the same spot we were the day before. The kids didn't mind. The girls were making up a Frozen dance.
The highlight for Ben was driving to the bathrooms.
Noah had to get in on the driving action too.
The boys dressed up. Ben's costume has turned into capri pants, but he doesn't mind.
It was another great camping trip with family and friends.
Now, we leave for the lake in Idaho, sightseeing in Banff and to the beach in Vancouver in 7 days!
4 comments:
Great photos and great adventures :)
No, I still have never camped in my life, but guess what... Jim and I are visiting a campground on Saturday afternoon/evening. Our friends are camping and they invited us up to watch fireworks along the Kankakee River, which is probably almost overflowing because we've had so much rain these past couple of months. But I made it clear to Jim - we're not camping, lol.
Enjoy the rest of your summer travels.
Love, Linda
The pool noodle cracked me up! But very clever way of making the chair comfortable for him!
Looks like a great weekend! But I do have to say - I seem to remember someone running as fast as she could out of the ocean with her flippers on as soon as she saw the very little fish in the waves! Ah, good times!
Love, you know who
Xo
looks like you guys had lots of R&R at least Noah and his Dad. Glad David got a new chair even if he is too long for it. The addition was genius.I do have to say the little bit of water the kids could find doesn't look very appetizing, but I guess cool and wet is better than nothing. I guess your next adventure will be a little more luxurious. I hope you all have fun heading northward and beyond. ☼
Love,
G&G
Post a Comment