Here's Ben making faces at me before the performance.
His first song was Peggy Sue. For the record, he did not like this song what so ever. I think it had to do with "pretty little Peggy Sue, I love you", etc. Not his cup of tea at 7 years old. He still did good.
Then he sang Scooby Doo. That's more his speed.
And Ooby Dooby.
Here's Emily before her performance.
She sang Burning Love. Which started a whole new infatuation around this house with Lilo & Stitch because it has that song and other Elvis songs in it.
Then, they sang a medley from The Ramones.
They did so great. Music classes have been cut at so many schools. We feel fortunate that we not only have a music program but a great one!
2 comments:
Yes, thank goodness for music class and music teachers!! ♥ Ben and Emily did awesome, love the videos and photos. Did you notice the difference in the kids in these photos versus the high school ones that I posted on fb from Sarah's last concert? They're smiling more in the photos and high school age rarely smile in the group photos, lol. One thing I love though, and I don't know if you noticed on the fb photos, but there are kids in the band wearing Baseball uniforms. That's because they had just come in from a game AND they play in the band as well. That's well-balanced, I tell you. Sports and Music together. :)
Love, Linda
As you mentioned the kids are lucky they still have music at their school, and lucky to have a music teacher who tries to keep them in tune with different types of music. I must admit Ben didn't seem too enthusiastic unlike the little guy in the tie behind him. Lol! At the same time it is hard to have a camera focused on you and you being aware of it...and Ben is a little camera shy to start with.. I can't remember him ever willingly let me take his pic. So I think he did pretty well all things considered. Emily seemed a little reserved as well, but I am
glad to see them both having the chance to perform.And I am most happy that their Mommy took the time and energy to share with us. We loved seeing them both and hearing those little ones enjoying the music.
Love,
G.
Post a Comment