Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Day With My Life


We have certain rituals at bedtime. Ben's includes his Dad on one side and me on the other while he says his prayers. Then, we smoother him with kisses, each taking a cheek. Sometimes, David and I will meet in the middle for a smooch and Ben get's all mad. "That's my life" he'll yell at David. He means to say "That's my wife", but it's so cute, who are we to correct him.

Today, Ben and I spent the day together. He had a well visit scheduled at the Doctor this morning and his eye appointment in Phoenix this afternoon. He got to miss the whole day at school. I decided to try to make it a little fun for him.

At his well visit, her only real concern is that he's lost weight in the last 5 months, not much but he's now down to the 16% in weight and 52% for height. I explained that the kid runs everywhere. He doesn't walk...ever. And he prefers a salad to french fries, so that pretty much explains it. After that appointment, we headed to Phoenix. Ben got to enjoy a movie in the backseat and relax. We headed straight to lunch at Chick-fil-a. Gosh, how I miss that place. Ben enjoyed it. Photobucket Photobucket
Then, we went to Old Navy. Ours closed. Oh, but before we went to Old Navy, Ben got an ice cream cone. He has a rough life. Photobucket Then, we went to a park and played for awhile. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
And he finally did the monkey bars! Photobucket Then, we were off to his eye appointment. Everything went well, but we are back to patching again. He's had 5 months off after his surgery. The doctor wants to improve his eye even more, so we are all for it. Ben was less than thrilled though when we got home an I put on an eye patch. It will take time for him to get used to it again. And that was Ben's day with his life. 

2 comments:

Piper said...

I just love seeing his smiling face :)

Linda said...

A great day for sure! :)

I wouldn't worry about the weight -Sarah has always been underweight and is totally healthy - she's almost 16 1/2 and weighs 98 lbs.

Wonderful photos.

Love, Linda