In any case, I brought them both pajamas and some other stuff. I made a special trip to Target to get Ben Superman pajamas with a cape. He was just starting to think Superheros were cool and I knew he'd like the pajamas. It has started an obsession going on 7 months.
We bought a bad guy that was on clearance at Walmart for Ben's birthday. He needed a villain to defeat. In the box was a thin comic book. He didn't seem to notice it at first, but last week he found it and he can't get enough.
Now I used to read the funnies every Sunday, but superhero comic books are new to me. And I just don't get them. There are bubbles everywhere. I found myself reading one portion and then stopping because I missed a bubble. Are they supposed to be difficult or are they written in a special man code?
Lucky for me, David was more than happy to rescue me and read Ben his comic book.
We picked up a few more at the library this week and I tell Ben that this is his special time with Daddy and they can read them together. Which is a good thing because all those bubbles gave me a headache.
1 comment:
And did you know that the library now refers to those as Graphics Novels? That's what I was told by the Librarian one time a couple of years ago when Sarah was searching for the comic book series (non superhero) that she liked then.
Very cute. :)
Post a Comment