Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Impressive

I sent an e-mail regarding the great flood to the City of Prescott Valley on Monday but didn't get a response. I sent the same e-mail to a code enforcer person for the city this morning. I got a response within 20 minutes that the land belonged to the school district. I forwarded them the same e-mail this morning thinking I'll hear back in a few weeks.

Guess who just knocked on my door? The superintendent of the school district. He was with 2 worker guys who wanted to see the backyard. They advised me of a drainage issue that was never finished up. Basically, the grading in that field all slopes toward our backyard. Usually, this would fall back on the home developer. But, they went out of business.

They assured me they are going to work with who owns the land to make sure it gets graded properly and that a faulty drainage cap gets taken care of.

I'm utterly shocked. This is the first time that anything in this town didn't fall on "country time", which is basically whenever someone gets around to it.

I needed this good news to pick me up after doing something this afternoon that I rather forget. The only thing worse than your dog having diarrhea on the carpet is having it happen when your husband isn't home. Her first "batch" was this morning and David got the joy of waking up to that. I got the second batch. Oh, and being 7 months pregnant and super sensitive to smells isn't a good thing either. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Gina, From good news to bad all in a few short sentences. :(
I hope that the school super is as good as his word as that was quite a mess. Did you show him the video?
I hope the workers get it taken care of before the "real" rains arrive.
Love,
G.