Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Look Who's Driving!

We've been letting Emily drive around the neighborhood for a few months, just like 2 blocks to her friends house. Emily does really well. She's had a lot of practice on jet ski's at Papa's and Grandma Suzy's cabin. She parks those things better than I do!

The other night, she drove to our friends house. Noah put on 3 seatbelts just in case.
Yesterday, Emily officially got her permit! They allow you to take the test at home and then you just have to go MVD to take a picture and sign stuff. David took her and she drove home! I'm so glad he is mainly teaching her. I would've had her in the neighborhood going 25 for a month or an empty parking lot. That's how I learned. But, David's been letting her drive a little and felt confident in her abilities. She got in the freeway and drove the whole way home. Now, a freeway in Prescott is nothing like a freeway in Phoenix. Our freeway is like a school zone in Phoenix. She did great and even drove over Grammie and Grampies house last night and drove home in the dark.
She drove to school today too. I think this is the only time I've seen her smile going to school.

  
I can't believe she is driving, but I also feel she is ready. She is dependable and wants to do more stuff with her friends, and being a taxi cab is getting tiresome. David will probably get a newish car and she can have his car. It's already beat up and 12 years old, so it's a perfect starter car. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily looks so HAPPY sitting in her Daddys Red Car in the Driver's seat!! :)
Emily is very Smart, n I think she will
Be an Excellent Driver.:) n a very Careful n Defensive driver..Just be VERY SAFE MY BEAUTIFUL GRAND GRANDAUGHTER.. I LOVE YOU,GRANNY SHARON

Anonymous said...

Oh My, Our Lil Angel Baby.. Wow 3 seat
Belts? Ok I giggled..:) But at least ur
Safe..Love Granny

Linda said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe this is already happening! :) I was always so nervous in the car with Sarah driving, lol. Still sort of am, and she's 24! ha ha.

Congratulations to Emily!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am only seeing this now 5 days after you published it. I thought I checked everyday for the past month or so and only saw the same post from a month or so ago and just knew you were so busy with never a spare moment. But am so happy to see Emily's driving made it to the "news". Really proud of her .Congrats to Emily and also to Mom and Dad for raising such a committed young lady. Yes , the person who introduced me to being a grandmother is now driving. WOW!
Love
G