Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Another Camping Trip

Our favorite camping trip every year is to the lake in Show Low. For whatever reason, Arizona only has a handful of lakes that you can swim in. This is one of them.

Unfortunately, we got there and it was super windy and smokey. There was a fire over 100 miles away, but it was invading our camp. We got all set up though and decided to make the most of it.



We bring bikes and the kids just play and hang out. It's great that they can all just be kids and have fun.
We walked down to the lake on this back path.
The adults decided to keep walking as it got really rocky and the kids went back up since they had their bikes. We planned to meet up at the dock. I know this pic is blurry and you can barely see us walking on the left, but I love it. I think it looks like a book cover or something.
Then, our "path" closed off and we had to go straight up. Our friends had their dog, so we are getting her up the hill.
We met up with the kids at the dock. This is the annual pic of the girls.

Moms...
Dad's and Ben... Everyone is paired off with friends their age, but Ben. Luckily, he could care less. He's cool doing his own thing and plays with them sometimes.
We were able to have a fire the first night and had smores and enjoyed a campfire for a few hours.

The next day, luckily the smoke was gone. But, the wind was still wicked. We still went to the lake though for a few hours, but it was really cold.
That didn't stop the kids from swimming though.
The adults just hung out on the shore. Still not a bad way to spend the day.
We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, Lincano's.
That night, the smoke started to come back. It made for pretty pictures.

The next day, the winds were a little calmer, so we headed to the lake. Ben put a little circle around Noah.
We stayed at the water until about 1 when the wind red flag advisory started and gusts were over 30 mph. We went back to camp and then headed home around 2. I couldn't find Noah when we were ready to leave. He was up a tree with Savannah and Clara.
Noah is the little blue mark on the top. Oh brother, these kids.
Despite the smoke and the wind, it was still a great camping trip. The kids really love these traditions that we do every year. I sometimes think if they'll come here one day with their own kids. I hope so.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time despite the smoke. And remember Rie... you nicknamed Noah "Monkey" so he is just living up to that name! Lol

Anonymous said...

The pictures did turn out good despite the lousy circumstances of the smoke and cold blowing winds . It did look like a good time was had by all and so great that everyone has their little group to hang with. Ben is always good at spending his time with either the grown ups or the kids. He is starting to look like one of the men anyway.
Thanks for sharing. Have been waiting to see the pictures and they didn't disappoint me.

Love, G.

Linda said...

Another nice time and I love that photo as well (the blurry one - I think it's beautiful).
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi, well--I guess I won't comment
About Noah, n the 2 girls at the very top of that Big Old Tree..umm OMG
Worry Wart Granny..how Cleaver Bens
Circle around Noah..:) Emily n her
2 Friends look adorable in all the pics..Beautiful pics you took Gina..
N u all had a Blast in the woods..Hooray!! Love Mom