Friday, March 16, 2018

A Beautiful Beach Day

I woke up this morning and headed out to the beach. I don't know that I've ever seen the sun coming up over the Atlantic. It was a site.

The boys got up and headed down to beach.
 
We got our breakfast, got suits on and headed right to the beach. 
It was a glorious day.  A little cool in the morning and then warm and sunny in the afternoon. We really lucked out with weather on this trip.
 
 
The sand is so different here. It's like white powder. It's amazing. I haven't ever felt sand like that. 
 
We played some Frisbee and built sand castles and just laid around. 
 
David raced the boys down the beach. 
 
David and Noah found some sea creatures.  
 
More racing... 
 
Noah has perfected the relaxing, but then he buried himself in the sand. 
Then, Ben helped out.  :)
 
And the beach was packed!  It's spring break week and it's biker week and this place is hustling and bustling. The parking on the beach thing is cool.  But, I prefer no cars on the beach. It convenient, but it just distracts from the beach beauty.  I'm glad California has never adapted this east coast way of things.
 
David's friend, Michele, came to spend some time with us on the beach and we went to a nice restaurant that's in a tree house.  It was super cool.
 
It was a wonderful day.  And, I'm looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great day at the beach. It was nice that Michele was able to visit twice with you guys. Everyone looks happy on the beach and hopefully today(Sat) will be a great day too.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Hi..that was sweet of Michelle to come n visit..2 days in a row..nice pic of her n David..been freezing cold here like everyday
I like it better than hot phoenix..
Call or text me when u land on mon..
U take really good pics gina..I know u all
Had so much FUN!!! MY LOVE, MAMA :) GOTTA
LOVE GOING TO THE BEACH..

Linda said...

Looks like fun! I'm with you though -- that's odd about cars ON the beach. I've never been to a beach like that, though I've only been to the Atlantic Ocean beaches up northeast (in Maine) and it's not like that there. Other than that, we've always gone to the Gulf side beaches and they're not like that either.

Love, Linda