This morning started with sending the boys out for donuts to this little Mom and Pop place. It was just about the sweetest donut delivery I've ever seen.
It's a good thing we didn't try this place until the second to last day or we'd be getting donuts every day. Needless to say, we are getting them tomorrow before we leave. They are so good. I was telling Emily in bed last night that at 12 years old, I went to work every weekend making and selling donuts. I went to school Monday through Friday, and I worked usually 6 AM to 2 PM every Saturday and Sunday. It's hard to believe I was only two years older than her and I was working.
We headed to the beach for more fun in the sun.
The waves were much bigger today and David and Em were catching everything they hopped on.
Then, they got too big for my girl.
Noah didn't eat all his bread from lunch, so they fed it to the birds. Then, they had so much fun doing that, they sent me home for all the leftover bread in the house!
David was helping Ben and Em catch waves. I felt better with him out there with them since the waves were crazy big today.
We played some frisbee.
Noah loves when David swings him like this. It makes David want to puke.
There is always a wrestling match, even in the water.
David won.
Some loving. I wish they could be sweet like this to each other all the time.
We went home, showered, made burgers for dinner and took off on our bikes. Three miles down the board walk there is a pier with a Ruby's Diner at the end. That means milkshakes!
We stopped because the waves were HUGE. I've never seen Cali waves this big. And I got in one photo just to prove I was here besides a few iphone selfies.
Then, if you turned around from where those two pictures were taken, you'd see this. Newport Beach Elementary School. I guess that's where all the rich kids go. Talk about a view!
Em got a banana split. David got some sundae. The boys and I got milkshakes.
Then, we rode home. The board walk was way less crowded, so that made it easier than the other day.
We head home tomorrow. Nobody wants to leave. Seriously, we could have months here and be okay with that. Oh well, we'll get donuts in the morning to console ourselves. :)
3 comments:
What an awesome vacation! So happy to see/hear everyone is having so much fun. Now I'm going to bed but I really want a banana split or a sundae or a milkshake or a donut ... Travel safe! Love you! Xo
Love,
Auntie Pam
Looks like a fine end to a very nice vacation. It looks like you all had a great time and glad you managed to get in at least one beach photo. All the kids big and little seemed to be always enjoying themselves whether with ice cream or on the beach /water. Now for a safe trip home and then a few days to relax for the kids and back to the grind for Mom and Dad. Glad you all had a nice little change of scenery and relaxation. ☼
Love,
G
Wonderful photos and I'm so glad you enjoyed a great family time!! :) I love your sweet family and I've never even met all of you! ;)
I'm sitting here at my desk at home, getting ready to go back to bed - home sick with a sinus migraine that I've had since last night. Thankfully, I don't get these very often anymore, but when I do, it zaps all of my energy. I can't imagine working at age 12. I did have a lucrative babysitting job that started around age 13 though and seriously, I was the most coveted babysitter in all of Villa West subdivision (because I enjoy children and played with them instead of just sitting around). Now, 30 years after first being employed at the U of I, I'm so ready for retirement.
Have a safe drive home!
Love, Linda
Post a Comment