First up was his 43rd birthday. The kids gave him a card, and we got him a few gifts. Shoes. Actually, that's it. He got 2 pairs of shoes. Then, Noah cried that he wanted to give him something. So, I grabbed the lantern we had just bought at Walmart and put it in a bag. Noah was happy. David acted happy. That's what Dad's do, right?
We went to the pool. Then, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. David HATES to be called out and sung at a restaurant on his birthday. But, Emily really wanted them to. Meaning, Emily really wanted the free dessert. So, I slipped the waiter a note. David wouldn't get on the saddle when they came over, but Emily and Noah gladly did.
We made him a cake.
And sang happy birthday...
Then, came Father's Day. We always go to the pool on Father's Day. And we always get this same photo.
One year, I'll have to put them together in a collage.
Then, I made David his absolute favorite meal. Lasanga. I only make it once a year.
And, we hung out at home and didn't do a whole lot. Exactly what we like!
Now, I'm off the hook for a year.
2 comments:
Everything looks great and fun! :) Family times are the best!!
Love, Linda
Even though you think you are off the hook for a year, I'm sure you're not. LOL! I love the way Noah is applying the sprinkles one at a time on the cake. I see the candles must have taken some effort to blow out as they are all melted down... :)
probably one blow for each of the 43 years.
Anyway as Linda mentioned Great family times and I'm happy that David has such a loving family to spend them with. Thanks for sharing with us as always we look forward to seeing the gang even if only on the blog!
Love,
G&G
Post a Comment