Let's start the day. We all naturally ended up on the patio. The view can't be beat.
The house has a dumbwaiter. It's so cool. We can send heavy things up and down so we don't have to take them up or down the stairs. Today was the cooler full of goodies.
We made it to the beach and the waves were unreal. We've never seen such waves. It was a little scary at first.
But as the day went on, the waves got a little calmer. Noah was happy on the shore.
He liked chasing the seagulls.
David took the boys for a walk.
Every wave was a good wave, so it was fun to boogie board.
The Dad's had to give it a try.
I'm not kidding when I say there were hundreds of surfers.
This was our set up on shore.
We headed back to the beach house after about 5 hours. It was a great day. Then, I hit the remote control button to open the small gate that is in front of the driveway. I hit the button and it didn't open, so I hit it again. I had hit it twice. So, it opened about 9 inches and shut. When it opened, Ben started going through and it literally shut on his chest. I had already hit the button for the third time to open it again when we heard him scream. There are 2 gates. We were on one side, he was on the other about 15 feet away. We went running over to him as the gate opened up and released him. He was so scared. It rubbed his skin off the front and back of his chest, and we were so worried he broke a rib or his lung collapsed. Thank God, nothing happened other than some bruises and scrapes. He was freaked out for a good 30 minutes as were we. He'll forever have a fear of getting stuck in a gate now. And I'll forever ask my kids 10 times if they are out of the way before I open or shut a gate.
Now on to other news. This house has a bidet. At almost 40 years old, I've never had a chance to try one. I must say, I'm a fan. My bottom got a soft rear cleanse, a front cleanse and a blow dry. It was like going through a car wash.
Then, we made dinner and sat on the patio watching the sunset.
These girls enjoyed the roof view.
I feel so blessed that we get to have this great experience with such beautiful scenery. I'm also grateful that Ben is okay. I think about how much worse that could have been and it makes me sick to my stomach.
Tomorrow, will be a new day and I'm hoping not to injure my kids. We found out the other side of the jetty down about 1/8 of a mile has nice mellow waves. So, we are going to hang out there tomorrow.
3 comments:
Wow, well this was certainly an informative post, lol. Seriously though, that's so scary about Ben and the gate! Glad everything is okay!!
Love, Linda
HI~~AS I READ THE STORY ABOUT BEN, I JUST HELD MY BREATH, N TENSE~~I AM SOOO HAPPY THAT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT OK~~ IT'S A LESSON LEARNED FOR EVERYONE, ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN-BUT BEN IS FINE AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING~~SO NOW YA'LL GO ON AND HAVE A FUN AND HAPPY VAKAY~~ UMMMM IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ALREADY ARE~~ALL IS JUST FINE HERE, ROCKO N LUCY--SLEEP EAT PLAY N SLEEP AGAIN~~THEY BOTH EAT ALL THEIR FOOD :) :) TELL DAK N FAMILY~ LOVE YOU, MOM/GRANNY
I see others had the same main concern as I did but having talked to Ben in person, I know he is fine and not at all ready to challenge the gate again.Others wise it looks and sounds like all is well and everyone is enjoying the beach. Those surfing waves are something else and I'm sure a little intimidating especially to Noah.Hope the calmer waters works for today's adventures.
Love,
G.
Post a Comment