And she even rocked a cool hat from time to time. Oh why didn't she save it? Love it.

Here we are next to our orange Datsun pick up truck complete with 8 track player.

For every special holiday, my Mom used to ask for one gift. Always the same gift. That us kids get along. Were we really that rotten? I imagine so. I remember that we would try so hard to not bicker on her birthday or Mother's Day. But we rarely made it through an entire day.
You know what I asked for today? For the kids to get along. For the most part, they do, but it's the little squabbles throughout the day that make me raise my voice and my blood pressure. I also asked for pancakes, ham and hashbrowns for breakfast and not to change any poopy diapers. Sleeping in was a given, which I got a nice 11 hour slumber last night.
The kids all greeted me with a big hug and kiss and cards.
Emily made this one the other day at home.

She did this one at school. I was laughing about "she goes on facebook." She knows me well.

And they drew me a picture. Ben said that was Spiderman with whiskers. Sounds great just so long as he isn't subtly trying to tell me that I have whiskers.

Sometimes I still can't believe that I have a family of my own.
I HAVE CHILDREN.
Emily. My one and only girl. She is the perfect blend of sugar and spice, feisty yet sweet. She is very much like me, yet better in every area where I lack.
Ben. An old soul and wise beyond his years, yet a kid in every way. He is sensitive and caring, respectful and kind. Loves adventure but loves to be home.
Noah. Our little miracle. He is curious and funny. He is opinionated and strong willed, yet he makes me laugh every day and usually cry too. He said I love you for the first time last night TO ME!
David and I said our wedding vows almost 8 years ago. So much has changed since then. After becoming a Mother and having three kids, I feel that the same vows apply to being a Mom. It's an unspoken vow with my children that started the moment they were placed in my arms but it's exactly the same.
To have and to hold from this day forward,
For better or for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and to cherish;
From this day forward until death do us part.
I'm so very blessed to be their Mom.
4 comments:
Happy mother's day, friend! I love the picture Emily drew of you - perfection! Big hugs! Hope we can see each other soon. Love ya! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Oh No, stop making me cry! What a wonderful post. My grandchildren are so lucky to have you for a mommy,all just because you're you. Hope your day didn't have too many frustrating moments.☼
Love,
G.
That was all so very sweet! And I love the pictures of you with your mom and you with your kiddos. (: My kids almost made it without fighting. That ended about 4pm. (:
Love this. Love the old pictures of you and your Mom, she looks like you, or you look like her. :)
Very cool.
Glad you had a nice day,
Love, Linda
Post a Comment