Tuesday, August 8, 2017

8

Noah turned 8 today!  
He was born on 8/8, and he's 8.  
I'm thinking this will be a great year for him!

He woke up and I made him his favorite cinnamon rolls!


I did this thing for Ben and hid his presents, so Noah wanted that too.

So, while he was at school. I spent time writing little cards with clues on them.

The first clue requires he acts like a ninja to get in his room and find the next clue. 
I wrote little rhyming cards.

He was super excited.

Then, he had to run all around and find his presents.

Luckily David got home a little early because Noah couldn't wait to open presents.

He got to his cards first. Thank you to everyone who sent him a card. He loved them!

He only asked for 2 things for his birthday.  They were both video games.

I felt bad that he didn't have much to open, so I got him a box of his favorite candies too... candy corn, bubble gum, Andes mints, Hot Tamales, Milk Duds, Rolos.  Lots of sugar!

Then, we went to the pool.  Emily's friend Alissa has 2 little sisters. Noah is smack dab age wise in the middle of them. We joke all the time that he will marry one of them. We just don't know which one yet. We got to the pool and he thought they'd be there and they weren't.  He was so sad.

Then, they showed up and he had the biggest smile on his face.

Here's David throwing Noah and he's squirting Clara with a water gun.

Here's him and Clara both flying in the air after the Dad's threw them.

And this little cutie is Savannah.  How will he ever choose who to marry?  HA!

We had a yummy steak dinner, his favorite. Noah is not a cake person, so he asked for pumpkin cookies. I made him those last night as they taste better the next day and I think he's ate at least a dozen today.  

We usually do lovin' at night where we all pile in our bed and watch TV. But, we have a new thing where we put down a blanket and we all just watch the stars, looking for shooting stars and talk. So, Noah requested we do that for his birthday. 

It was a perfect ending to the day. 
He's so full of spunk and love. He tells me all the time how much he loves me. 
He loves cats, ice cream sandwiches and magic. 
We love him so much.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh wow - it didn't dawn on me earlier that it was Noah's GOLDEN Birthday!! That's wonderful! :)
You made the day so special for him like you always do for all the kids. What I love about your sweet family is that everything is so wholesome and that everyone enjoys the simply joys of life! That's how it should be.

I feel bad because I always have all of your birthdays written on my calendar both at work and at home and in fact I'm the one who reminds JIM of family birthdays (ha ha) but I'm not good about sending cards because honestly there are just so many events each month and I can't really keep up with all of that. But my good wishes are still the same and I'm glad Noah had a wonderful birthday. I know that Emily's birthday is just around the corner now just a few weeks away....

This is my Friday so I'm here at work just this morning and then away to Wisconsin we go - I'm pretty excited because neither Jim nor I have ever stayed up there and we rented a beautiful home in the woods to celebrate our 15th. ♥

Have a great remainder of the week and I'll check back in on the blog when I return next week.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Gina, u r so clever n creative when it comes to David n ur kids Birthdays n even Holidays..I see Noah found one of his gifts behind his 1-year old pic of him.. I've noticed Noah is a Lady's man..along time ago..as always he had another Happy Birthday!! N I know whom Evers birthday it is, u always make them their favorite Dinner n Dessert..you make them all fell very special on their special day.!! :)..Happy 8th birthday Noah..Love n Hugs..Granny xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great pictures . So glad our little Noah had a Happy 8th Birthday.
Love,
G