Thursday, July 13, 2017

Vacation, Day 2

I've decided to just do phone pics until I get home. Then, I can just do a quick recap of all the good stuff when I get home.

I didn't have time to blog yesterday. Well, that's not true. I just didn't feel like it I guess.

The day started off great. We got up and were so grateful we were already in Phoenix and didn't have to drive the long drive to the airport. We had some breakfast and were ready to go. We got the Parking Spot shuttle.

.

We got through security and everything quick and easy.  Noah and I were playing in a store and he found crickets.  He thought they were fake.  Nope.  He said he wanted to try one. This from the kid who won't eat a grape!  I did not buy them.

We got on the plane on time and passed the time with some Snapchat.

Then, we had a layover in Salt Lake City.  It was supposed to be 2 hours.  But, there was an mechanical issue and 2 hours turned into 7!  It was boring and long.

But, I will say Delta brought dinner to everyone at the gate.  About 200 baskets of chicken fingers, chips, water, other snacks.  Which was really nice.


And we tried to sleep, but couldn't...

Then, our plane finally got there.  We were happy, but we were also getting in about 9:00 when it was supposed to be about 4.  We used miles to pay for the flight, so we only paid $25 total in taxes for all 5 tickets.  Then, they sent an email to say they apologize, blah, blah, blah and David called the number the sent us and we got another $500 in vouchers.  So, a 5 hour delay made us $500 which is more than we make in 5 hours combined.  We still lost a half a day, but my theory is better to be safe than on the 5:00 news!


The boys were beat once the plane finally took off.

And that was the end of day 2. We flew off into the sunset!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I still won't do flying but it's good that you got a good deal from Delta after that long of a delay and you're so right - better safe than dead. ♥

I'm enjoying following along with your travels as always.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Ok Finally figured out where you were and why! Too bad about all the "off stuff" that was going on, but, you finally arrived safe and sound. Thank God.
Laughing still at your personalized portraits. :)
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Ok GG, the pictures of u ben n Noah or david are totally hystericAL ..gina u look so funny with that big Hugh smile..love mom