Friday, July 7, 2017

Around Our House

I've posted about all the big trips, but I've taken some day to day pics that I wanted to share and remember about our summer. These are in no particular order.

Our church always has few beach blasts in the summer. Water slides, snow cones, bouncy houses...the kids love it all!


And we don't love this....  These are tumbleweed seeds.  They are these sticky little flower things that bounce all around in the wind and this year, about a million of them made their home at our front door.  They are a nightmare to try to clean up.  We have to use a leaf blower on suck mode, and it takes forever to get them up. David has sucked them up 4 times already and they just keep coming back.  It's the most annoying thing ever.

Ben loves a good movie poster.  We go to the movies every week for the kids summer movie program. And sometimes the movies are so lame, that I go for walks around the lobby and checkout all the movie posters.  The kids seem to enjoy the movies though. 

This cat loves the piano.  This is what he does when Emily practices.  Sometimes, he climbs up there at like midnight. He turns it on, then gets some rhythm going with one of the buttons and then starts walking on the keys.  It's great to wake up to in the middle of the night.  And does he look like he cares?  Absolutely not.

Ben made Mario and Luigi out of Legos.  He created these all on his own without a template or something.  Pretty impressive.

And Noah made claws...what?  I said he was Freddy Kreuger. David thought he was Edward Scissorhands or maybe he's just Wolverine.  In any case, he watched some youtube video and it literally took him hours to get them right.

The cat was not a fan.

We went to the movies last weekend to see Despicable Me 3 and it wasn't until we left that I noticed what Noah was wearing.  You can't tell, but the shirt is olive green and the pants have turquoise and blue in them. It didn't match colors or patterns.  How did this take me hours to realize?  Oh well.  At least the theater was dark.

Emily played on 4th of July at the retirement home in Prescott.  David got to go and it's always nice to spread patriotic cheer!


The cat has taken over the dog bed.


The cat and Noah just reading.


I was getting popcorn at the movies and when I turned around, Ben was laying down like this.  That kid is too much. We're going to see Spidey this weekend.


So, that's some photos of what's going on day to day here.  We leave for our big summer trip in 5 sleeps!  We all need it.  Especially my husband who started a new supervisor position and to say he's stressed is an understatement.  I vote for selling everything, get a cargo van, travel the States and home school!  A little more time in this job and he just might be on board.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow or another I guess I missed checking for your blog last night. Only just checked now when Grampie wanted to know if there were any new pics. It seems like there was quite a bit going on this week when I basically thought it would be a down week before getting ready for next weeks travels. Of course we loved all the pics. Tell David he'd better call me I am dying to hear about his new position especially after what you leaked ... :(
I'm sure Emily's playing at the old folks home was a success.Did you record?? Anyway thanks for sharing about your week. Nice to see all the kids and what they are up to. Glad to see Noah reading and Ben using his God given talents for what he loves to do.
Love,
G

Linda said...

I'm with you on your plan! I want out of all of the responsibilities of the present time!

Loved reading your update and seeing all the pictures. Ben cracks me up with his Spiderman pose and Noah about the not-matching (that's actually in style! So the kid is styling, Mom!) ♥ :) lol

Enjoy your fun remaining days of blissful summer.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I smiled I giggled I laughed, at all those pics..Ben n Noah so cute with their snowcones.n they r so creative...Rio on the piano sure makes Emily happy.. :) I love the way Noah picks out his clothes..I have watched. Him..some of the times, if he doesn't want to wear that piece of clothing,
Well, they go flying over his head n land on the floor..he's too funny..umm that might have been a year ago..that's kids for ya.. lol xoxo mom/ granny

Anonymous said...

I smiled I giggled I laughed, at all those pics..Ben n Noah so cute with their snowcones.n they r so creative...Rio on the piano sure makes Emily happy.. :) I love the way Noah picks out his clothes..I have watched. Him..some of the times, if he doesn't want to wear that piece of clothing,
Well, they go flying over his head n land on the floor..he's too funny..umm that might have been a year ago..that's kids for ya.. lol xoxo mom/ granny