Friday, March 10, 2017

Vacation Day 1

This is the first trip ever that I didn't bring a computer. I figure we can't do anything with it on the cruise, so why bother. So, I'm writing from my phone, and all the pics are at the bottom. So be it.

There were tons of poppies on the side of the road because we had so much rain. Don't mind the dead bug on the windshield. We stopped to get gas and I found a big hunk which was my favorite candy bar as a kid.

I always loved the windmills but they looked even prettier at night. A lot of them have these little red lights I guess so that helicopters don't hit them.

We raced the longest train we've ever seen. We won...eventually.

It was a long drive but we made it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage, my friend! Have a great trip! Love to all! Xo
Love, me

Anonymous said...

Praise the lord u made it.. I know david was tired after working all day..animals r all fine..Rio roams the house..Lucy puppy n Rio went nose to nose acouple times.. :) that was a good thing..u all have a safe n fun trip..watch all 5 of the kiddos..love mom cute pic of u n big hunk

Piper AndTheKids said...

Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures :D

Anonymous said...

You did good, Gina. I didn't even check until just now by accident when I went to look up something and it was opened at your blog. Thank you you are great.I know I've said it before but I pray you all have a great time. Tell Dakri thanks for the great pic of you and David.Have fun!
Love,
G

Linda said...

Hope you have a safe, wonderful vacation. :)
Funny when you mention those windmills because there are so many here in Illinois nearby and yes - the red lights at night, but Sarah and I think the windmills are creepy, lol.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi, for anyone that doesn't know..Gina left her phone charger in the car n they all got on the ship..she did buy the mexico phone package..But, she can't charge her phone..I'm sure they will all have an awesome time!! Sharon