Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Puerto Vallarta

We LOVED Puerto Vallarta.  This was my view out our balcony the  morning we woke up.


I don't know who these little Mexican men were, but they were cute.


We did a little gift shopping and then walked 5 minutes to the place where we were getting picked up for our zipline tour. The picked us up in an open jeep type truck. It was so awesome. We could really get a feel of the town driving through and seeing everything.


The streets were packed and you could literally reach out and shake hands with the driver next to you.


It was so pretty there.  I couldn't snap a lot of pics as our driver was whizzing by the town, but it was so nice.


I loved the bougainvillea growing all over this hotel.


And even though there were hotel zones, we got to see the real Mexican parts.  I thought it interesting that even though nobody has windows, they all have satellite dishes.  Priorities.


About 40 minutes later, we arrived at the zipline. They have all these monkeys and other animals. My kids could've spent all day looking at these cute little monkeys. These are always our favorite at the zoo.



Here is our motley crew after our debriefing about all the zipline info.  


And here we go up to our first zipline.


This is the first one called the Bambino.  It was tiny and a good first zipline.


Ben was probably the most nervous which surprised me.



Noah thought he was going to be able to go with someone.  But, he got up there and was so brave and just flew down El Bambino!


Emily even went upside down at one point! 

Ziplines were so fun. It was more than 2 miles of lines and some were 1,000 feet high and 1,000 feet long. That's like a 100 story building!  I couldn't believe the kids were so brave and up for anything.




Then after, we couldn't wait to get in the river!


They had these awesome water slides. The kids looked like little puppets flying off of them.




It was like a giant jungle gym. We could've stayed there all day.



They had so many awesome animals.  Well, not that I like snakes and spiders, but they are cool.





Then, the kids got to go into the monkey house.


And oh my gosh, Emily's face in this series of photos is the best.  She was loving this little monkey on her.





Then, it jumped from Emily to Alanah!



Then, the boys got to go in and man, I hate that I don't know how to use my camera properly.


Seriously, I don't know how to focus and well, I got great pictures of the fence! Urgh, so frustrating. One day, I will learn how to work my fancy camera.


They also have cool birds.


On the way home, we stopped to get a photo with this popular rock formation.



Here's some videos of ziplining and after.


We returned to the ship, just in time to catch a beautiful sunset.  

It was the BEST day!

5 comments:

Piper AndTheKids said...

My 11yo wants to go ziplining so bad. I'd probably be the one too chicken to do it LOL

Anonymous said...

Ben - coming in hot like a Ferrari! Love it! Another great adventure in the books!
Love,
Pam xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun you had in PV ( no, not Prescott Valley!)I am so glad everyone had such a good time. Love the pics of Em with the monkey and the expressions on her face. Brave girl!
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

I think all of u adults had as much fun as the kids did..just watching them..the slide looked as scary ad the zip line..but wow so much fun..loved everyone's pics with the monkeys..Emily n alanah so cute n smiley :) what an awesome day again..uncle Robert said p
Puerto vallarte is totally a jungle..great pics Gina..the love mom PS I would not zipline :)

Linda said...

So many fun experiences for you and your family! :)
Sarah did zip lining in Tennessee before but didn't really like it. I will stick to the ground of course. ;)

Love, Linda