Friday, March 3, 2017

Open Gym

When Alisa's family came to visit in December, we had a cold and rainy day.  They kids were bouncing off the walls.  Then, David came up with the genius idea to take them to Open Gym at the gymnastic studio where Emily used to take gymnastics.  Alisa and Daniel loaded up all 5 kids in our mini van and took them.

My kids hadn't been since a birthday party a few years ago, so I wasn't sure what the boys would think.  I knew Emily would love it.  Well, it turns out, the boys loved it too.  What's not to love, jumping, running and flipping to your hearts content.  

Here's Ben getting ready to jump off the high bar area.

Emily and Noah were going to have a competition on the rope, but then they did nothing.


Here's Noah jumping off the high bar area.


And Emily in the middle of the picture upside down.  She was flipping into the foam pit.


You can hardly see Noah, but he's running off the trampoline in the middle of the pic.


And Ben was in his element...running and jumping.


Here's Emily upside down...again.


Then, Ben found a bouncy ball and it was like love at first site.  
We got a new underwater camera, so I took all these pictures with it so I could practice before our cruise. This particular function can highlight one color, so I picked yellow.  Cool, eh?


And Emily flipping...


And smiling because she got her aerial (no handed cartwheel).


And flipping more...


And again...


I'm not even kidding, I think she did 200 flips in 2 hours.  Her legs were killing for days.


Then, an hour in, the put up the bouncy house.  That was Ben's favorite part.


It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  We even had a coupon, so it was cheap.  We weren't sure if parents stay or drop off kids.  The lady that works there said parents drop the kids off all the time.  Sweet! Next time, David and I are going out for Chinese food while they play!

4 comments:

Linda said...

They were having a blast! :) Even when I was younger, if I even attempted to "flip" like that, I would have broken my neck (or a leg, or an arm, lol). I've just never ever been limber or good at gymnastics or pretty much any sport and I'm such a chicken about most things, that has never changed. Glad your kids embrace it all. xo

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Ben n Noah love all that gym bouncing... N Emily, Emily she's our girl..Em is a natural!! AMAZING..Keep up the good work kids..my love, Granny

Anonymous said...

Boy it looks like everyone had a jumping, running, flipping good time.Glad you all had a good time.No one went home with broken or displaced parts so all went well.
Love,
G

Paula Kelley said...

So great that you have an option for a nasty day! No options like that here! Looks like they had a blast ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‡