Friday, March 3, 2017

Nightly Walk

David and I have been taking walks together for over two years now.  Almost every night, we walk the dog for 2 1/2 miles.  It's nice to get some alone time and talk uninterrupted.

We've taken the kids before on occasion, but they are usually just a headache.  Emily rollerbladed a few times and then complained about the rocks and her feet hurting a mile in.  So, we stopped inviting them.  But, David was away for work last week, and I told all the kids to get their shoes on, that we were going to walk to the park.

They were all game.  If we cut through the field behind us, it's only about 1/2 mile to the park.  Anyway, they did great and like it, so I we've taken them a few more times.  Not every time, but a couple of times a week.

This picture makes me laugh as I didn't even know I took it of myself.  I was watching Rocko tear after the boys and David.  We can let Rocko off the lease and he is so fast.  I love watching him run free.


Then, Rocko gets tired, finds a stick and relaxes.  There is a baseball diamond right behind Rocko and it's all fenced in, so we let him run around and chase a tennis ball in there.

They kids play hide n seek and run around.

Look at these two handsome boys.

It's nice to get the kids off of tablets and get them out in the fresh air.

3 comments:

Piper AndTheKids said...

I have so many gorgeous sunset pictures from nightly walks with the kids when the weather is nice :) We usually do about 2-3 miles as well as a stop at a playground. I'm looking forward to spring so we can get back into the habit!

Linda said...

Fresh air is the bomb! Love it every day. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of David n Rocko..make it bigger n hang it on the wall!!! Handsome men for sure..so happy Rocko is doing wonderful...Gina cute pic of you..love it!!! Hugs mom ..Robot time..i will do my best, gwynne lol