Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Boy and His Ball

If you've ever been to our house, you know that one of Ben's most favorite things is the large gray exercise ball.  I've posted a video of him before jumping on the thing.  What he can do on it is impressive.  I've tried it.  It aint easy.  He jumps and bounces and slides and him and his big gray ball are like one.

Until it got a hole in it.  He brought it over to me after school yesterday and he was almost in tears.


We tried to put gorilla tape on it, but it wouldn't hole the air in.  As soon as he jumped on it, we'd hear a little sssssss and we knew it wasn't working.

Ben asked me to drive to Walmart and get another one.  I told him I would get one Wednesday.  I was busy making dinner and working, and Walmart isn't on the corner.  It's a 30 minute round trip drive just to get there.  Then, Ben said the best line, "I'm going to be without the one thing that brings me pure joy and happiness for 2 days?"  Oh my gosh, I couldn't stop laughing.  Yet, I felt so bad for him. He was seriously upset.

So, I did what any Mom would do and snuck in the bathroom and called David who was about ready to leave work.  He's Super Dad and went to Walmart to get Ben a new ball.  I didn't tell Ben, just in case they were out or something.  This is how he eventually looked.

When David walked in, Ben had the ball wrapped around him like a hot dog bun.  It was so pathetic.  Then, David pulled out the new ball.  And Ben was complete again.

That's it.  An $8 ball and he's full of pure joy and happiness again.

5 comments:

Piper AndTheKids said...

Okay, the dejected pictures of Ben and his ball had me chuckling but I'm pretty sure I cried laughing at his "pure joy and happiness" line LOL He is the best :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..my heart sank n i was so sad for ben..Ben is so sweet n such a loving child with the biggest heart..as i looked at the pics i felt Bens saddness..u did the right thing gina calling david..i wish i was there when bens eyes lite up as his daddy held up Bens body ball..so precious..happy valentines ❤ day to all..love mom

Linda said...

Awww, this is soooo sweet!!! :) ♥
xo

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Ben has his life back... He is truly an amazing little guy . You and his dad aren't too bad either.So glad his joy and happiness has been restored.
Happy Birthday Ben .
Love
G

Anonymous said...

Darn! I could have bought him one for his birthday or Christmas! Who knew?!?! Happy all is right with the world!
Love,
Me