Thursday, December 22, 2016

Spreading Christmas Cheer

Emily's new piano and violin teacher scheduled the kids to do a little musical concert at a Senior home in Prescott. This one was called Granite Gate and was like the Taj Mahal of rest homes.  Dakri and I were talking in the parking lot about how we will have to move there one day and then I see this mat out front greeting us with my initials on it!  It's fate!  


Here's Emily and Alanah before the performance.


And Emily doing a couple of songs on the baby grand piano under the crystal chandelier.  This is where I want to be sent when I'm old.


Then, the girls played a few songs on the violin, which all the seniors seemed to really enjoy.  There's just something about the violin that impresses.  


Then, the passed out a few cookies and cards. I'm glad we were able to still have this experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky seniors that got to enjoy another musical adventure with Ms Kim's little group.
I'm sure you made their day, Emily.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Um, excuse me, I thought you and I were going to grow old together....��! What a great way to spread the Christmas cheer!������

Linda said...

This is such a wonderful, time-worthy activity. :)
Love, Linda