Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

We woke up and Mother Nature did not disappoint.  We had our first white Christmas!



The kids were super excited, of course.We decided this year that we would watch everyone open gifts, not the adults but the kids.  And they did well, being patient and opening things so that we could all see what everyone got.


Well, Santa's gift, we let them all tear into.  So, Ben got this Lego set that he never before mentioned, but wrote Santa a note at about 10 PM on the 23rd.  Um, I didn't think he wanted this Lego set.  And since Ben doesn't read my blog, I can write freely.  We looked on Amazon and knew it wouldn't come in time.  We weren't planning on going anywhere on Christmas Eve, so how was Santa going to bring this gift to Ben?  Well, David woke up on Saturday morning and drove to Walmart and got one of three sets that they had left.  Ben never even knew he left the house.  David wins Dad of the year.


Rio liked the boxes.  We got one of those laser pointers for him which he likes too.


The boys got gaming chairs from Grammie and Grampie.


And Emily really wanted a guitar, but I kept telling her it was too expensive.  So, she was super surprised when she opened this.  




And David was more than happy to try it on.


She looks so cute!


And this was our front yard this morning.  So peaceful and perfect.



I got a foot spa bath for Christmas, but I couldn't take off my toenail polish since I just painted my fingernails, so David did it for me.  He's a keeper!


And he took the kids sledding while I cleaned up the Christmas chaos!


We have a ham and potatoes in the oven and it's been a perfect peaceful Christmas!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi! I see I have LOTS of catching up to do and I'll do that tomorrow as I'm super tired now. I still can't get over your snow, lol - I was glad NOT to have that, as none of us are too happy here when it snows. Instead, we had a steady rain for most of the day which means - our front, outdoor Christmas lights do not all work in the rain, but we're pretty used to it as this part of Illinois does not usually have a white Christmas but often does have rain.

I have to tell you that in my family of 4 girls - all 6 of us (including Mom & Dad) grew up always taking turns opening presents - we go around in a circle, normally something like youngest to oldest, and open one present each on each turn so that everyone can see what everyone else gets. I've always liked that tradition and we still do it - even when there are all 16 of us here in the house and yes, we did it this morning with Jim and Dakota and that's why it always takes us HOURS to open all of our gifts. Our stocking have become quite a big deal over the years too. We started opening shortly after 9:00 a.m. this morning and finished up around 1:30 p.m. I know - I know - it takes forever, but Christmas goes so fast as it is that I like to take our time and savor the moments. :)

Well, I will read more of your blogs by tomorrow. Glad you've enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

First of all, I can't tell you how much I love Emily's pajamas! They are so cute! And she looks like a natural holding that guitar! I love it! What a perfect white Christmas. I'm so happy for all of you and I love you!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to see Emily wearing the Christmas leggings Wendy gave me..they look so cute on her..n a guitar wow that is what I always wanted to learn to play..so go for it em..n sing along with it..I want to hear a song from you..I love u cute Lil miss dimples ur
Granny..:) looks like u all had a great Christmas n fun in the snow..David looks good with the guitar too..he is
So sweet to do ur toes G..cute pics of Ben n Noah in snow��. Love n hugs mom