Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Wonderful 5 Days Off

The kids had 5 days off, and it's been lovely.  I could get used to not waking up by 6:30.  Here's a recap of our time off.  

We headed to my Dad and Suzy's house in Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  They just moved into a smaller home on a golf course lot.  And by smaller, I mean 2800 square feet.  Still extremely large by most standards.  There home is awesome and it's a great place for them to retire and still be active every day.  The golf course was closed for the holiday, so the kids got to go out and play on the 15th hole.  Emily did handstands.  Is anyone surprised?


This is my beautiful niece Tiffany.  She looks so much like my sister.  

And I showed my Dad Snapcat.  Here we are as cute bears or something.

David carved the turkey.  It was soooo good. 

Suzy truly outdid herself.  Everything was wonderful.

Then, my kids got a ride on my Dad's golf cart.

We strapped them in for safety.

Since nobody was on the course, my Dad let each kid drive. Emily did really well.

Ben was a little more freaked out and said he'd wait a few years before trying again.

Noah couldn't reach the peddles, but loved to steer.

And almost took out a palm tree!

Then, David took Emily around.  They had a blast driving all over.

Awww....I love these two.

Us and my sweet Mommy.

Us, with Dad, Suzy and Tiffany.

It was a great Thanksgiving.

The next day, we decorated for Christmas.

And while the kids were waiting for us, they had some fun of their own.  Noah got in the voluntarily. 

And David did this for 5 hours....  Never, ever buy a prelit tree.  We got this tree about 5 years ago and love it.  We loved that it was prelit, until one of the strands go out.  But, it's not the whole thing, it's only like 50 of the lights on the strand.  We tried to change out the bulbs and a bunch of other stuff and nothing.  We had dead spots all over the tree.  So, David cut the lights out...for over 5 hours!  And that's with us all helping at times.  Each light is wrapped around the branch and then fastened on there.  It was a nightmare.  We could've just put working lights on top of it, but we wanted it to look nice and get it over with.  So, it's done.

Then, my best friend Pam came up on Saturday.  It was so nice catching up with her.  We went to lunch and went shopping.  We were going to do a fire with smores, but it was freezing out.  Windy and cold and we couldn't bare it.  So, we made smores over the stovetop!  They were actually very good!

The kids wrote a play a few days ago, so they performed for us.

It involved Noah being a pumpkin pie and Ben was a turkey.

This is the after show bow.  

Then, they did some yoga with Aunt Pam.

Noah did good and hung in there.  Emily did excellent.  Maybe she'll be a yoga instructor!

Noah turned me into a pumpkin pie.

Today, David and I ran some errands and we are getting ready to head back to the grind this week.  It's been a fun 5 days!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like tons of fun! Your parents new house is huge, lol (says she, with the 1200 square foot cottage). Those yoga moves - I can't imagine. I've never ever been flexible - if I even attempted to move my leg like that, I would have a major hip cramp and there's no way it would ever go in that position, so I won't try it, lol.

It is indeed wonderful to be off for several days in a row. I still woke up early though at 6:00 a.m. every day and went out for my run/walk, which is sadly becoming more of just a walk/walk since I've developed knee and hip issues out of the blue. I counted and I have 12 days of work until I'm off for Christmas (there are 2 other days off in that time) and then I'm off for a total of 16 (or maybe it's 17) days.... my favorite time of the year I think.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

After waiting all weekend to see the pics from your Thanksgiving dinner at your Dad's and you obliged with all the extras that I wasn't expecting, I could see that you didn't actually have much time to be sending out a blog so that I could sit back and enjoy it way over here in Fla. Thank you so much for always doing this and I know you have your own reason for being so diligent about your blogging but also know I am so thankful that you do this. Dinner at your Dad's looked like so much fun for the kids on the golf cart.Suzy as always did a fantastic job at preparing a special meal for you all. I had heard from David about the ---- Christmas tree lights. Just a little 5 hour hiccup cause you all persevered and came out with your home all decorated in time for Pam's visit on Sat. She is amazing that she can still maneuver her body into all those positions. Emily and Noah are great understudies. I can't wait to see the kids play at Christmas. It so reminds me of when Alisa, David , Marc and Robbie used to do their performances each year .Lots of fun. Again as always Thank you so much for sharing the fun of your weekend.
Love,
G