Saturday, October 8, 2016

Vacation ~ We Are Family

We woke up today and knew we had a 4 1/2 hour drive ahead. So, we hit the road early.  I love the mountains in California and the desert landscape.

And the windmills in Palm Springs!  I always love the windmills!  There is something so magical about them.  

These kids were off the chain today.  They were so hyper in the car.  So, one of my jobs is to find a great park.    This park was in Redlands and it rocked!

Leave it to the California park to have surf board type play thing.

And you know the big kid had to try it.

And this thing was so cool and just an accident waiting to happen.  You brace yourself in there and someone spins you around.  I'm surprised you don't have to sign a waiver before you get on it.

Emily just sat in it, but didn't want to be spun around.  Smart girl.

We made it to Rosie's and it's just gorgeous here.  It's so removed from the lights and city of LA.  It's beautiful country side.  But, this girl, is more beautiful.  I love my Aunt Rosie to pieces.  Growing up, she was as close to me as my sister.  Her and I have always been so close.  

We got our suits on and headed to the country club.  It was mine and David's first time at a country club.  You'd think we'd act more proper, but nope, David still throws the kids around.


The kids all played so well together.  Chase loves having cousins around.



And this is Rosie and John's new house.  They have 70 Italian Cyprus trees.  Holy moly!  They look so cool!


Rosie has these steps in her backyard and you climb up and get this gorgeous view.


These are the steps down to her house.


Rosie made us a delicious dinner of pasta, salad, meatballs, bread. Oh gosh, it was so good. We ate on the patio and it was just perfect out.


The kids played on their playground.

And here's the pretty sunset from up the stairs.

Rosie got me a birthday cake.  She's so sweet.  It was tasty too!  I haven't had a birthday cake with my name on it in ages.



These cousins are so cute.  They are having a blast together.  And are all sleeping in the fun room together.  



They are all adorable.  They are so cute together.  I wish we lived closer and could see them more often.  But, we can't afford this state. So, we'll take our yearly visits and be happy.

It was lovely to spend the day with everyone.  I'm so glad we got over a third of the drive done yesterday, so that we could get her at a decent time and spend the whole day with them.  I love them all to pieces.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great photos and good times! Your Aunt looks super sweet and looks like the start of a wonderful birthday getaway. :)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks like great times were had by all. I bet the kids loved being with their little cousin just about as much as you loved seeing Rosie again. Too bad you don't live closer . Rosie's home looks very nice and I'm sure she loves living there. How nice that she had a cake for you. I'm glad you got to include that visit as part of your vacation.
Love,
G