Thursday, October 13, 2016

Vacation, Legoland

After 6 years, we decided to go back to Legoland.  You can refresh with that blog here.  The kids were so little.  Legoland is fun, but it's not mine or David's favorite.  We'd take Disney or Universal any day.  But, the boys are huge Lego fans and Noah obviously doesn't remember ever going since he was only 1.  So, we decided to go one last time. It's really for kids about 8 and under.

We got there on the most beautiful day so far.  A beach day today would've been ideal, but it is what it is.

Ben was so excited.  He couldn't stop running here and there and checking everything out.

Emily liked this spinning thing.
.
We rode a few rides.  The lines were fairly short, about 15 minutes.

Then, we did this crazy ride.  I have video of me and Emily, but I'll get it to youtube later.  It was so fun.  This is Ben going with some random girl.  You get to choose if you want gentle or extreme.  Ben went for extreme, level 5.  Emily and I did the middle one.  It was so fun. I think Ben went upside down like 10 times or something.

More rides...

This was one of those shoot 'em up rides, but you used your arms like a ninja to throw things.  It was cool.

Emily liked these lego turtles.

Here's NYC out of Legos.

Legoland is known for their apple fries.  David and Emily loved them.  Me, I'm not a fan of cooked fruit.  Pie, jellies, jam, anything cooked, I'll pass.

Then, they went on this giant jungle gym.  They could've spent all day there.

And wouldn't you know it, I ran into another friend from Prescott Valley.  She works at the kids' school.  Her daughter and Em are in the same grade and her other daughter and Ben are in the same grade.  Noah actually spotted Ms. Christina.

Then, Emily finally got her caraciture down.  So, here's the story.  6 years ago, we went on vacation.  I always tell the kids they get to pick out one souvenir.  We went to Sea World first and within 5 minutes, Emily has a giant Shamu that she must have.  David and I told her no that it will end up in the corner of the closet and then in a Goodwill bag within a few months.  And we were right, it did.  But, she wouldn't listen.  She went on and on about that darn Shamu, so that was her one souvenir.  Then, we get to Legoland and Ben wants his souvenir to be a caraciture.  And, she wants one too.  Nope, that's not how it works.  So,I dug my heels in and wouldn't let her have it.  She still remembers it to this day.  She doesn't remember a single thing about that trip, but she remembers that she wanted a caraciture and I wouldn't let her have it.  

So, this time, she got it done.

It looks so cute!  The artist even nailed her dimple!  

We got back and had time for a stroll on the beach.  And for Ben, stroll means run.

Emily is said that tomorrow is our last day here.  We all are.  I keep telling them to do good in school and make lots of money and they can buy a house here.  And I will visit all the time!  :)

Tag on the beach happens like 20 times a day around here.

3 comments:

Linda said...

FUN and beautiful weather! Looks like a wonderful time. :)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

It looks like this was definitely Ben's favorite day. Everyone looked to be having fun,but he was beaming.I lobe Emily's caricature. Hope she frames it.I still have one of Alisa from when she was very young. I should check the date but I am too lazy to go take a look.lol
Anyway today is your last beach day. Hope it's a good one. Thanks for all the pics and updates each day. I loved them all.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the lobe you know it should have been LOVE.
You Know Who😅