Friday, October 14, 2016

Vacation, Last Fun Day

I can't believe it was our last full fun day of vacation.  It's always over much too soon.  Yet, this one seems like it's been a long vacation, so that's good.  It seems like we were at my Aunt's a few weeks ago, not 7 days.

David and I started the day with another nice walk along the boardwalk.  We went out to the pier and saw some seals.



It was pretty overcast this morning, with some fog; which is how it usually is in California.  

We got ready and headed to the beach.  We found this dead bird and Noah's first response was "Can we help him?".  No, buddy, he's as dead as a doornail.  Noah has a kind heart.


When it's cooler out, you go for several walks to stay warm.  David and Emily were leading the way.  Ben usually didn't join us as he was doing his own thing of running around the beach.  I'm not even kidding.  He didn't sit or stop for 6 hours.  I don't know what goes on in his little head.  At one point, he came over and said, "Mom, what town are we in?"  "Newport Beach, Ben."  And off he went to work on his story.


The kids love these little birds that hang out at the shore.


Here's Emily at the pier.  It usually takes about 20 pictures to get a few good ones.




Noah is a total goof ball.


He got this turtle and named him Squirt.



Since there isn't a lifeguard on duty, I had the kids climb up to get a picture.


This one makes me laugh because they all have their eyes closed.


This one is better.


Then, she had to do a handstand.


And they all jumped.


I went out boogie boarding and had David take a few pics to prove I was in the water.  David's cousin Amy would be proud because I got my hair wet...twice in one day!  She always makes me dunk in the ocean.  Well, she doesn't make me, but she kind of does.  :)


I love her wild crazy hair.


And there is Ben....doing his thing.


Noah kept making David rub his armpit.


I was trying to get Emily to pose for me, but she would semi pose and then goof off.




Then, I wanted one of her and Alanah, which meant more goofing around before I got a good one.  It's a good thing I can take 20 pictures to get that one good one.  Both girls had to get one pieces at Target the other day because their bellies were getting rashed from the boogie boards.




David took a nap.


This seagull was on our boogie boards.  Then, a pigeon pooped on my beach blanket!  And there is Ben in the background doing his thing.


Ben really liked this!


For some reason, Ben and Emily were more sad about leaving California this time.  I'm not sure what it was.  David thinks that they are getting older and realize how lovely vacations are...getting a break from homework and the hum drum life of Prescott Valley, seeing family, spending time with friends, doing things out of the norm, doing absolutely nothing at all.  It's all lovely.  

Ben was on our balcony watching the sunset.  


So, him and I walked down to the beach.  I don't know how I took this picture, but I liked the houses, so I kept it.


Ben and I and one last sunset selfie.

Then, we went for ice cream.  They were huge Thrifty cones and so yummy!  I didn't mean to take this picture either, but I like it.  

And, I usually try to get 10,000 steps a day.  That's my goal.  I'm there about 5 days a week, the other days, I'm about 6,000.  I'd say that I need to learn to relax more on vacation.  But, those strolls on the beach are just too good to pass up!  And the donut shop is 3/10 of a mile away.  :)

Tomorrow, we have the long 7 hour drive home.  It's always boring and uneventful, and that's just how I hope it goes tomorrow.  Then, it's back to the real world.  Boo.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked amazing! What a fab fall break! Hard to go back home to reality, but let's face it your reality is pretty nice. You have a beautiful family - the kids are getting so big and Emily is starting to look like a teenager!! So cute though - her eyes and freckles in the caricature were perfect! Travel safe tomorrow! Love to all! Love,
Pam
Xoxo

Anonymous said...

Loved all the news , right down to the final ice cream. It looked like you were really moving the whole week. That is great! Loved all the pics and especially the one of Emily and David walking on the beach. You can really see how much she has grown. I liked that you verbalized what I was thinking about Ben and his imagination. Love that boy! Noah of course was right on top of things getting his name engraved in the sand until the next wave takes it away. :)
It seemed like a wonderful vacation and so glad you all had a good time. Safe travels home .
Love,
G

Linda said...

Really great photos, Gina!! Looks like a wonderful time. :)

It's funny because as I determined this week, the first full week of "cooler" weather in the 60s and 70s, I still returned after my noontime "walk" (which is a 4 1/2 mile power walk/run) with totally wet hair. I just get hot even when it's "cooler" on these exercise hours. I can do 1 mile in less than 12 minutes which is pretty darn good for a nearly 52 year old. :)

Love, Linda

Piper AndTheKids said...

Oh goodness, Em is growing up! I haven't been on the computer in a bit but even that short break makes the differences really jump out. I see my kids every day so they just look like them but every so often, I run across a picture a few months old and then look up at them and think "wait, when did that happen!!" :p