Friday, October 7, 2016

Vacation!!!! ~ Going Back to Cali

It's day one of vacation, but before that, I'm loving Snapchat. Yes, I know I'm super late to the game, but I just figured it out and I'm having fun. I've been abducted by aliens!

Ok, now on to vacation.  So, we are headed to California, Newport Beach.  We will have the upper house and our friends will have the lower level house.  But, we are meeting them on Sunday.  We decided to go a day earlier and go to my Aunt Rosie's, but that's tomorrow.  Then, we decided to go another day earlier.  It's a 7 1/2 hour drive to the ocean from our house.  It's a long drive with little kids.  So, we decided to try something new and break it up in the middle.  

We were going to stay in Indio, California which is 4 hours into our trip, but there wasn't a room available because of a giant The Who, Rolling Stone and Paul McCartney concert.  Now, that would be cool!  But, we are not there.  We are in Ehernberg, Arizona.  Literally, 2 miles from the California state line.  We got a Best Western for $61!  And it includes breakfast.  Why so cheap, we'll come here and you'll find out.  Well, the hotel is fine.  It's a Best Western, they are always fine. But, there is nothing else here, and I mean nothing.

We got here and the only food is Wendy's which we didn't want, so I made sandwiches for everyone in our hotel room.  Then, we went down to the pool.

And other than this hotel, the Wendy's and the Flying J truck stop/gas station, that's about the whole town of Ehrenberg.  But, the kids could care less that a semi is parked behind them and the pool is in a parking lot.  They were jumping in and having fun.


Luckily, it was just the 5 of us as I don't think anybody else could fit in the hot tub.

David and I are in the hot tub and we are exhausted and ready for bed.  It's 7:05.  So, we told the kids that we have daylight savings time change when we hit California in 2 miles, so our clocks aren't changed yet, but it's really 9:05. Although, we are never two hours ahead of California, but they don't get that and they totally believe us!  They said they weren't very tired, so I told them they could stay up until 10:30 or 11:00 (8:30 or 9), but that's it.  And they are excited they get to stay up so late!  HAHAHAHA!!!  I win evil mother of the year award!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too too funny. Love your new look. Does the time change this weekend? I am so tied up in our friend Matthew that I may have missed it! In any case glad you made it that far safely. Now have a great visit with Rosie tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to sign off.
Love
G.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Can't wait to read all about it and see lots of pics! Say hi to Rosie!
Love,
Me
Xo

Linda said...

I'm still on snapchat but now I rarely use it anymore since Sarah got me started on instasnap (from instagram), and even that I've been limiting usage on for a bit now. I'm starting to lose interest in social media in general but still posting occasionally as you know. :)

Anyway - Happy Vacation! Sarah, Dakota and I were all remarking this morning that the University of Illinois and Parkland College (their school) must be the only schools without a fall break, since it seems all of the other universities/colleges have a fall break. Anyway, it doesn't happen here so it's just business as usual unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to following along with your blog updates.
Love, Linda