Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Twelve

I can't believe this sweet girl is 12.  I know I say it every year, but where is the time going?
 
I took her on a shopping spree for her birthday.  Here are a few of her favorite things.  She bought 3 navy shirts.  Are you super happy about that Aunt Pam?  There was a time when every shirt Pam owned was navy.  She's following in your foot steps Pam.  I learned that her style is flowy and pretty. 
 
And just when I think she's growing up and getting mature, she wants a cute panda shirt that says hello on front and goodbye on back.  It's actually her favorite thing.  I love that she's still little in some ways, even if she is almost taller than me.
 
I made her favorite meal, roast beef, carrots, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls. She saves her potatoes for last.  Best for last she says.  My gosh, that's what Aunt Pam does.  :)
 
 
 
Even though she went on a shopping spree, I wanted her to have something to open.  Noah made her a cute card too.  She got some a video game and some little tsum tsum thing.  It's like a blind box and you don't know what character is inside.  Wouldn't you know it, she got Bambi, which is the one she wanted.  Lucky grab on my part.  I was feeling through the bag trying to figure out what it is, but I had no clue.  Glad I got lucky.
 
And I made her favorite pumpkin roll.  It's so labor intensive, so I tried to talk her into a box cake, but she wasn't having any part of it.  So, I made it.  She's worth it and I just want her to feel special and loved. 
 
I don't know what she wished for, but I hope all her dreams come true. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Emily has great taste, if you ask me! Navy is a classic color and really there's nothing better than mashed potatoes and gravy! I'm happy to hear I'm rubbing off on her. ;) Twelve years flew by - I know that Emily is growing into a smart, confident and beautiful young woman. So happy she had a great day! Now, take her out to buy more navy tops with the gift card I sent! Love to all! Xoxo
Love,
The very classy, potato-eating Auntie Pam

Linda said...

Love Auntie Pam's comments above. :)
And I love your update about Emily's birthday. Looks like a wonderful day for a wonderful girl!

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I meant to make comments yesterday when I saw this, but only now when I was showing Enrique the pics did I realize I had not done so yesterday.. (I may be losing my mind) It has been a hectic week, both out your way and here. I love all Emily's birthday pics and she really is a very sweet girl.Even if she wasn't my #1 granddaughter I think I would love her just by knowing her.Of course look at her roll models!
This will be her last year till the teens and then she'll zip through those years and she will be an adult before we know it.
Thank you so much for sharing all these special moments with us.
Love,
G