Monday, August 8, 2016

First Day of School

Today is Noah's birthday, and I'll write more about that tomorrow as his day isn't over yet.  I've actually only seen him for about an hour this morning and they were all at school.

It's so different this year with Emily in Jr. High.  We put the kids to bed around 8:45 last night, so they'd get a good nights rest.  Then, I was making streamers for Noah's bedroom door for his birthday and David and I went to hang them up and he could here Emily crying in her room.  It was after 9:30 and she was upset because she couldn't fall asleep.  I know she was nervous and scared.  So, David slept with her in the middle room, but they both slept lousy.  As did I.  We were all nervous for her.  When, you go to the same school, it's more excitement on the first day.  With a new school, there is so much change.  But, not only a new school, but lockers and 7 different classes and 7 different teachers and bells dismissing you.  

Emily said, so where do we line up when the bell rings?  Um, no, nobody lines up single file.  You just go.  Welcome to the real world.  There are so many changes for her.  I've been watching the clock all day and wondering how she's doing.  I know she is fine.  But, did she get her locker on the first try?  Did she find all her classes?  Did she finds friends that have her lunch period?  Sigh.  I've had butterflies in my stomach all day.  Why can't parents just go to Jr High and High School with their kids for a day?  :)


Noah and Ben are old pros at their school. I didn't even park and walk them in.  I knew they'd be fine.  All they want to do is go to recess anyway.  But, they have some questions about the taking the bus home.  I know they'll do fine and they'll find everything.



I couldn't get a picture of all three of them because Emily was out the door as the boys were getting up.  Typically, they won't even see each other in the mornings.


On the way to school, Noah said, I miss Emily.  They are so used to her being in the car with them.  As much as her and Noah fight, I was surprised to here he missed her.

So, I was hoping they all had a good day today...

and...here's the update:

Emily had a great day.  She gave it a 9 out of 10.  She had a friend she sat with on the bus home, so that was good.  She liked all of her teachers.  She has 4 male teachers, which is new.  She's only had 1 male teacher in all 7 years so far and he was just for one subject.  She didn't have problems with her locker or anything.  Yea!

The boys had great days too.  Their bus was 27 minutes late.  The decided to pave our neighborhood on the first day of school.  However handles scheduling should be fired.  Their was a pilot car and delays all over the place.  So, I think their bus got delayed several times on the way home.  But, they made it.  They weren't 100% on the stop, so I'll have to be out there waving my arms until they get the hang of it.  But, they liked their teachers and all went well.

Now, let's hope everyone gets a good nights rest!
I'll write about Noah tomorrow.  We're still celebrating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing all the first day updates. So glad everything went well for them all. I was worried about Emily too . Sent her a message but her answer was brief but positive. Even the boys had a new experience on the bus, so glad that worked out even if there were a few hiccups along the route. Anxiously awaiting the rest of Noah's birthday news tomorrow.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

So sounds like a great first day (except for the paving of the streets - so dumb!) sweet drams, everyone! Xo love, Pam

Linda said...

Hooray for the first day of school photos!! As you know, I was really faithful about doing those every year. :)
Glad everyone had a great first day of school - minus the bus delay/road construction (yuck - the pilot cars!! We had an experience with those in Wyoming/South Dakota and were so disgusted with that process - we do NOT have those here - here they just put up a light or a flagger and that's it.)

Anyway - glad everyone had a good first day :)
Love, Linda